Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
As a member of the UX team, you’ll partner with CarGurus UX designers and project teams to create and collaborate on copy for new products and features.
An online portfolio with samples of past work is required for this position.
What You’ll Do
- Write, edit and improve copy for web and mobile experiences, interaction flows, user onboarding, notifications, navigation labels, error states, transactional emails, informative landing pages and more.
- Offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process
- Apply our brand voice and tone guidelines to in-product copy so that we read and speak consistently across our product(s).
- Define product content strategy for new products.
- Write clear and concise content across multiple touch points.
- Work with localization teams to ensure the intention behind translated copy is accurately captured.
- Develop content frameworks, product narratives, and other deliverables that explain your strategy.
Who You Are
- You have significant copywriting experience with interactive/ad agencies, design studios, or Internet companies and a portfolio that includes samples of great product, UX, email, and mobile app content, including microcopy and push notifications.
- Experience writing for mobile and responsive content.
- A talent for empathetic writing and delivering great user experiences based on user research.
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- Ability to distill complicated topics into language that anyone can understand
- Writing for internationalization a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or other communication major/equivalent practical experience
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hard-working. We have a great respect for testing and learning, and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.