Technical Content Specialist
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is searching for a Technical Content Specialist who will be responsible for writing content that helps web developers and IT professionals working with Acquia products do their jobs better and faster. This individual must also be able to explain Acquia’s impressive ecosystem of products to an audience that is evaluating the value of these products for their company.
This individual will be responsible for maintaining the output of content on Acquia’s public sites, primarily the Acquia Developer Center. All major technology platforms have developer-focused sites -- from Google, to Twitter, to Microsoft. This is the standard that Acquia aspires to with its Acquia Developer Center. The goal will be to write and edit engaging and topic-relevant content that is geared toward developers: content that provides the “developer angle” on Acquia’s products and services. The Technical Content Manager should be familiar with this kind of content, and be able to write, edit, and proofread content specifically for a technical audience, which includes web developers and IT professionals.
What kinds of questions do web developers have about Acquia’s products? What kind of support are they looking for? What information do they need to use Acquia products effectively and efficiently? These are the questions that this developer-focused writer and editor will address on a day-to-day basis.
This content will also be used by Marketing and Sales, in e-communications, website copy, blog posts, and other content that showcases Acquia as a thought leader and influences peer-to-peer discussions.
- Seek out in-house experts from Acquia’s product and engineering teams to write content that aligns with the important messages that the company wants to deliver to the overall web developer audience.
- Work closely with the Acquia product marketing team to determine the features that the product teams want to get out there to attract developer interest.
- Participate in editorial team brainstorms to contribute to quarterly content planning.
- Write impactful content in support of topics that are important to current and prospective developers working with Acquia products.
- Edit documents for grammar, style, and content ensuring compliance with guidelines and brand style guide.
- Prepare weekly blog posts tailored to developer and IT segments and personas.
- Publish content in a variety of formats by teaming with technical peers who drive the distribution of the content through inbound and outbound marketing programs, social media channels, PR, and internal portals.
- Work within Acquia’s content management system, Drupal, to create landing pages for content pieces (e-books, whitepapers, webinars, datasheets and video) and launch blog posts on the developer website.
- Become highly proficient using Drupal - the content management system combined with brief knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Participate in support of Web team and SEO activities, processes, documentation and knowledge sharing as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, writing, marketing, communications, journalism, or a related area.
- 3-5 years experience in marketing, publishing, communications or related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent proofreading skills [NOTE: writing samples might be required as part of the hiring process.]
- Experience writing on technical topics for tech-savvy audiences, including developers.
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and convey them in clear, concise and engaging content.
- Experience working with Drupal or a similar content management system
- Knowledge of best practices with writing engaging content.
- Basic understanding of SEO and how best to optimize digital content
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented.
- Flexible, positive self-starter and team-player with creative abilities.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with vendors, customers, senior executives, sales teams and business partners.
- Experience working on or with a marketing team and familiarity with aspects of a campaign process
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.