Special Teams Quality Documentation Specialist (Remote) at Nuance
Nuance Special Teams Quality Documentation Specialists work nearly in real-time with a physician and their care team to complete documentation of clinic visits. Specialists support healthcare providers and their patients by learning medical documentation and using new technologies to create summaries of patient encounters. Our team saves time for providers by delivering accurate documentation within a couple hours of patient visits. Documentation includes patient histories, exams, radiographic findings, assessments, and treatment plans. Specialists make healthcare functional and efficient by allowing providers to keep their focus on their patients.
Our team seeks candidates who are passionate about medicine and desire to impact the future of healthcare. We are looking for quick learners who can get up to speed with medical terminology to include anatomy and treatment modalities and strive for continual learning and improvement. Successful candidates will be eager to learn new technology and be open to making changes as new technologies evolve. Training will be provided through our Quality Documentation Specialist training program.
Full Time, Benefits eligible, 100% Work from Home
- Serve as documentation specialists new/conversion or critical accounts, providing feedback to operations team as required.
- Document or QC medical dictation utilizing NTS proprietary software.
- Documentation include all specialties as directed by business need.
- Recognizes, interprets, and evaluates inconsistencies, discrepancies, and inaccuracies in medical dictation.
- Edit documents consistently and fairly according to guidelines, standards of style and formats of practice.
- Uses reference materials appropriately and efficiently to facilitate the accuracy, clarity, and completeness of reports.
- Verifies patient information for accuracy and completeness.
- Formats reports according to established guidelines.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the medicolegal implications and responsibilities related to the documentation of patient records.
- Understands and complies with policies and procedures related medicolegal matters, including confidentiality, release of information, medical records as legal evidence, etc.
- Must maintain attendance requirements.
Years of Experience: 2+
Bachelor’s degree is the preferred education requirement
- Prior work experience as a Medical Scribe.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Excellent English professional writing skills; including advanced proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to understand diverse accents and dialects of physicians, their staff, and patients.
- Ability to work independently in a secure and private location with a reliable high-speed internet connection.
- Ability to participate in live video chat and screensharing sessions for training.
- Experience or training in the medical specialty of Oncology, Orthopedics, Neurology, ENT, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, GI, Dermatology, Rheumatology, Family Medicine, Pain Medicine, Nephrology, or Urology preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records; Epic or Athena experience is highly preferred.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.