Print Production Operations Manager at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is looking for a Print Production Operations Manager to help establish and run a new 3D printing facility in our Somerville, MA headquarters. This facility will house more than 100 3D printers spanning the Formlabs printer line along with associated post-processing equipment, and will be used to print custom parts for marketing campaigns and events, parts for new materials launches, strategic partners, and prospective customers. In addition, the facility will be maintained as a showcase 3D printing factory and be used for tours or corporate visits.
- Manage the space and equipment. Ensure all equipment is functioning properly, and that the space is available for external tours when needed.
- Manage the usage of the equipment - either by directly managing print jobs, or coordinating usage of the printers by other teams as needed. Define the strategy ensuring the printers are being used in the most productive way possible for Formlabs.
- See, drive and improve the entire print production process from start to finish (designing, preparing prints, printing, washing, cleaning, packing, shipping parts, and more!). This will include the Form 3, Form 3B, Form 3L, Fuse 1, and associated post processing equipment.
- Troubleshoot any printer issues and coordinate any needed repairs with internal teams.
- Lead tours of the space when requested, and assist other teams in their printing needs.
- Support the marketing team in other aspects of 3D printed parts, including part design.
- Have a sharp eye for details – no bad print or sticky part would get past you
- A friendly communicator who can work well with other teams to get things done
- Can smoothly navigate competing priorities, tight deadlines, and last minute projects with the team
- Ability to manage a large fleet of printers
- Diligent about meeting weekly quotas and targets while maintaining quality
- 1-3 years of operations, logistics, manufacturing, or general business process experience
- Familiarity using CAD software
- Experience with 3D printing
- Hands-on experience building things, engineering background
- Experience managing people in a manufacturing or logistics operations setting
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
*Please note this position is based out of our Somerville, MA office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.