Principal Academy Content Specialist at Klaviyo
Principal Academy Content Specialists are responsible for planning and executing content operations and strategy to help Klaviyo customers grow their businesses.
You’ll manage the content strategy of Klaviyo Academy site, ensure that the team is on track in meeting their content goals and deadlines, and create strategic content across a variety of different formats. You’ll collaborate closely with fellow members of the Academy team, marketing, sales, and customer success more broadly to create interesting, educational content and propel cross-functional projects to solve for the customer experience.
Academy’s mission is to enable our customers to grow their businesses through self-serve content, so you’ll be playing a critical role in helping both Klaviyo and its customers achieve business goals.
A successful candidate is data-driven, has a proven background in marketing strategy, and is an exceptional storyteller and writer. You’re an expert in creating digestible and engaging videos and are able to share this knowledge with your peers. You’ll have a thorough understanding of the ecommerce marketing landscape, and how to keep the quality of content consistent with Klaviyo’s brand.
You’ll be part of the Academy team and report to Klaviyo’s Manager of Academy.
How you'll make a difference:
- Develop and execute on a comprehensive content strategy. You’ll set the vision and strategy for content production on the Academy content team. This will involve working with leadership to synthesize company goals into content themes, setting deadlines, delegating projects to your peers, and holding the team accountable.
- Publish and promote content. You’ll own all of the day-to-day activities that have to happen to effectively publish a piece of content. You’ll work collaboratively with the internal teams to ensure you have final copy, supporting creative assets, SEO optimization, etc., ahead of all target publish dates, and you’ll make sure the team understands deadlines and keep things on track.
- Monitor performance. You’ll measure the performance of our content—what’s resonating, what’s driving traffic, what’s reducing support tickets, what has a high CSAT rating—and you’ll use data to help make decisions about what content we create.
Getting Started / Key Outcomes
In your first 30 days, you’ll have:
- Come up to speed on our audience, market, product, and company
- Spoken to at least 10 current customers
- Taken stock of our existing content landscape and begun formulating a strategy for future content
Within 90 days, you’ll have:
- Begun executing on your content strategy and created a comprehensive content calendar
- Collaborated cross-functionally to promote and drive internal and external visibility into Academy content
- Dug into content performance using tools like Tableau and Google Analytics and provided recommendations for improvement and optimization
In the first year, you’ll have:
- Built a system for creating, promoting, and sharing new courses and certifications
- Grown the base of customers using our Academy site
- Measurably reduced support tickets
- Achieved an average CSAT score of at least 50
Who you are:
- You’re a rock-star marketer, storyteller, writer, and communicator.
- You have a customer-first mindset and deeply enjoy helping customers achieve their business goals by creating content that makes an impact.
- You’re excited to become a thought leader in the industry and pioneer new forms of content.
- You’re passionate about engaging and educating audiences, curious by nature, and energized by being part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business.
- And you have at least five years of experience in digital marketing or ecommerce.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.