Marketing Content Writer at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
Are you looking to join a dynamic and fast-paced technology company? The CarGurus B2B Marketing Team is looking for an insightful content creator to position CarGurus as a thought leader to automotive dealers. We’re seeking an analytical marketer with a knack for seeking out story ideas, one who can source data and understand its nuances to unearth insights. This person loves to gather and synthesize information from a wide variety of sources and turn it into compelling webinars, presentations, whitepapers, case studies, blog and social media posts, and more.
A successful Content Writer will clearly communicate CarGurus’ positioning and messaging to automotive dealers while keeping an eye on critical details like accuracy, grammar, story flow, style, and tone. They will have the intrinsic capability to speak the language of sales, marketing, and tech – distilling CarGurus’ competitive advantage in clear, compelling, and persuasive language that captures mind and market share.
What You'll Do:
- Create dealer-facing content that positions CarGurus as a thought leader in the industry and helps dealers improve their digital marketing efforts, while aiming to attract, nurture, and convert qualified leads and retain current customers.
- Analyze data from internal and third-party sources to identify trends and relevant stories.
- Capture source material from interviews with dealers, subject matter experts, and senior leadership and convert it to meaningful stories.
- Ensure the tone and voice of the company and its application across all marketing materials.
- Maintain a library of content on cargurus.com, spanning multiple audiences and personas.
- Manage CarGurus’ dealer blog and social media platforms.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Engineering, Consumer Content, PR, and Product to gather data, unearth ideas, and share knowledge across the organization.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism or related field
- 3+ years of writing experience, ideally in a high-velocity B2B setting
- Solid portfolio with incredible content and measurable results
- Experience in B2B marketing preferred; automotive industry experience not required
- Strong, emotion-invoking storytelling skills translatable across many mediums
- Analytical prowess, capable of interpreting data to improve content effectiveness
- Capacity to balance, prioritize, and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines
- Willingness to pitch in as needed and be a team player
- Must provide content and/or writing samples
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.