Instructional Designer at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is seeking a world-class Instructional Designer who can assist in the building and execution of the learning strategy that will help our revenue organization understand and communicate our products and their value. This person will also supervise the development of tools and curriculums strategies that will support sellers in achieving breakthrough business results.
You will focus on designing and instructing a learning strategy that fits into and emphasizes the key sales and customer success behaviors that will unlock the most revenue growth for our revenue teams. You and your team will work closely with subject matter authorities to get the latest information about upcoming product releases and pricing changes to our sales and customer success teams, as well as other relevant partners across the business. You will be responsible for creating materials such as interactive e-learning, ILT materials, videos, and social learning opportunities.
The successful individual in this role is detail-oriented, upbeat, and flexible, and can work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.What You'll Do:
- Craft and develop creative, performance-based training programs and materials in multiple modalities that may include: synchronous/asynchronous remote trainings, ILT, blended learning, interactive e-learning modules, micro videos, device learning, job aids, certifications, and facilitator guides.
- Meet with subject matter authorities, product managers, and appropriate functional/ senior leaders to resolve training requirements and audience and to align on expected post-training outcomes
- Partner closely with Customer and Product Marketing department to ensure consistency of terminology throughout the design and deployment of training materials.
- Judiciously decide the time and effort that should be spent on each training solution as well as the training format because the impact/complexity of the training topic and scope may vary; prepare to iterate on scalable training methodologies for alpha and beta tests
- Conduct Train the Trainer sessions for facilitators who will ultimately deliver ILT content to learners.
- Structure a safe but pressure tested environment for sales org to practice using new knowledge prior to using on a live call / meeting
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to proactively follow post-training evaluation processes and maintain professional relationships with business leaders and partners ensure accurate and timely understanding of program successes and challenges.
- Effectively lead multiple projects and initiatives from scope to evaluation
- Establish and conduct curriculum review and modification process to support the continual improvement of product offerings.
- BA/BS degree with emphasis on instructional design or instructional technology or education related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years Management experience
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in instructional design, instructional technology and development/tech communications
- Experienced skills in Articulate 360 suite, Camtasia, etc.
- Video production as it relates to learning and professional development
- Ability to work with short deadlines and high stress on multiple projects
- Ability to impart technical knowledge to a wide variety of audiences
- Validated understanding of instructional design and learning theory
- Understands the balance between learning theory and practical knowledge
- Must have the ability to work as part of a larger team, balance multiple tasks/objectives and ability to handle frequently changing demands
- High comfort level with technology and ability to quickly learn and utilize new software applications
- Ability to effectively organize work, prioritize and manage time in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Solutions in corporate training environments
- Strong individual leadership skills, demonstrated through work ethic and professionalism, proactively taking initiative and offering solutions to challenges whenever possible.
- Utmost attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.