At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone can’t help us achieve this ambition. That’s why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
As part of the Content department, the Copy Editor will be responsible for ensuring that all of Wellframe’s evidence-based care programs and advocacy content meet the highest standards for quality and consistency. The Copy Editor will review Wellframe’s English language content for correct grammar, formatting, and style guide adherence, as well as to confirm proper functionality of any interactive content elements. This content is delivered to patients on mobile devices and addresses a wide variety of health needs from chronic disease management to weight loss and stress reduction. This role will also support the translation and localization process by performing non-semantic review of translated programs to verify correct formatting and functionality. While this role sits within the Content department, and reports to the Communications and Translation Manager, the Copy Editor should expect to regularly collaborate with and support other departments in aligning other customer- and patient-facing content with Wellframe’s style, plain language, and health equity principles.
Areas of Responsibility
- Review English language content for correct grammar, formatting, functionality, and style guide adherence (50%)
- Support the maintenance and expansion of internal style guide (20%)
- Perform non-semantic review of translated content to ensure proper formatting and functionality (15%)
- Support development and implementation of company-wide copy editing workflow (10%)
- Support other Content team members in the organization, modification, and revision of Wellframe content on an as-needed basis (5%)
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- B.A. in English, Communications, or similar degree OR 2-3 years’ experience editing/proofing content
- English language fluency
- Experience with XML or HTML is preferred
- Experience editing educational materials and/or health technology products is preferred
- Experience editing other languages a plus
- Additional language fluencies a plus, particularly Haitian Creole, Spanish, Portuguese, or Chinese
Behaviors & Traits Required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail in editing of patient-facing written and audiovisual education materials
- A self-starter who can manage their own daily workload, operate well under pressure, and balance competing priorities
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.