Content Strategist (Conversational Marketer)
Content is at the heart of everything we do at Drift. And we’re not talking about words to fill a page: We’re talking about stories and narratives. The kind that hook you because they feel real, and stay with you long after you’ve finished reading the last line.
But to do this well, you can’t just tell stories.
You also have to be strategic. And that means knowing who you’re writing for, and why you’re writing for them. It means understanding how to optimize content to capitalize on search intent, and driving massive traffic in the process.
At Drift, our content is for B2B marketers and sales pros who don’t want to do things the same way as everyone else. Our content is designed to help them do their jobs better, sure--but the bigger goal is to make them think. Whether it’s a blog post, a report on findings from original research, or a killer video about a new feature--it’s all content. And, as a member of the Content Strategy Team, you’ll be responsible for creating it. Lots of it.
Lastly, it’s worth noting that working as a content creator at Drift is going to be unlike anything you’ve ever experienced before. We move fast, but we still write well. We’re strategic and methodical, yet aware of what’s happening in the world of B2B and eager to jump on timely and relevant stories that’ll drive interest and traffic.
So, are you the right person for the role? Well, here are some things that should describe you:
- You’re an amazing writer (and people have told you this)
- You understand SEO and how to drive traffic with content
- You want to move fast, and write a lot
- You understand B2B sales and marketing inside and out
- You can visualize your content in multiple formats--video, infographics, slide decks, and more--and describe it to others
- Want to jump to the front of the line? Send a story pitch and a rough outline of your narrative angle with your application.
- You ❤️writing.
- You have 3-5 years of experience writing for B2B space (can be freelance experience, but this is an on-site role).
- You understand search engine optimization, B2B marketing trends, and where Drift fits into the landscape of marketing and sales solutions.
- You’re a research nerd and know how to dig into a topic to write about it authoritatively.
- You’ve got a strong editorial lens.
- You’ve got a portfolio or links to your work living in the public domain (blog posts, etc.).
You’ll work directly with the Content Strategy Team Lead to iterate on and deliver content to the entire Drift Marketing team.
Drift is the world’s first and only conversational marketing and sales platform. More than 70,000 businesses use Drift to provide a modern buying experience for potential customers, generate more qualified leads, and dramatically accelerate the sales cycle.
At Drift, team members:
- Have complete ownership and accountability over their role and functional area
- Have complete transparency into the rest of the company (and are expected to show their work and do the same)
- Have a sense of urgency. We are building a once in a lifetime company at Drift, so we move fast every single day.