Greater Boston Area
The Content Specialist is responsible for executing day-to-day content operations and will create high-quality, relevant, and engaging content to help Klaviyo and its customers grow their businesses.
You’ll create mostly short-form content in a variety of formats (social media posts, videos, infographics, etc.) and some long-form content to support marketing leaders across the business (SEO, product marketing, community events, etc.), which will be published across multiple distribution channels (social media, blog, website, email, etc.) You’ll collaborate closely with fellow members of the marketing team, sales, customer success, as well as our customers to create interesting and engaging content.
Content is the cornerstone of our plan to build awareness for Klaviyo and to grow our community, so you’ll be playing a critical role in both the growth of our business and in helping to level up our social media game across the company.
The successful candidate is first and foremost a marketer, and an exceptional storyteller and writer. You’ll have a strong understanding of the content marketing landscape, and how to keep the quality of content consistent with Klaviyo’s brand.
You’ll be part of the Content Marketing team and you’ll report to Klaviyo’s Managing Editor.
How you will make a difference:
- Publish content across the blog, newsletters, and other formats. You’ll own all of the day-to-day activities that have to happen to effectively publish a piece of content. You’ll work collaboratively with internal team members to ensure you have final copy, supporting creative assets, SEO optimization, etc., ahead of all target publish dates, and you’ll make sure the team understands deadlines and keep things on track.
- Create engaging content. You’ll create amazingly engaging content across social media, email, blog, and other marketing channels that helps entrepreneurs and ecommerce marketers more effectively use their owned marketing channels to grow their businesses.
- Pitch content ideas. You’ll understand Klaviyo’s customers, their challenges and opportunities, and you’ll regularly contribute ideas for high-quality content.
- Monitor performance. You’ll work collaboratively with fellow marketers to understand how to measure the performance of our content—what’s resonating, what’s driving traffic, what’s driving subscriptions, what’s ranking—and you’ll use data to help make recommendations about what content we should create.
Who You Are:
- You’re a rock-star marketer, storyteller, writer, and communicator.
- You deeply enjoy connecting with members of the Klaviyo community and you love creating content that makes an impact.
- You’re excited to learn more about content marketing and how to use content to solve business problems.
- You’re passionate about engaging audiences, curious by nature, and energized by being part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business.
- You have at least two years of experience in digital marketing.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 28,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Read Full Job Description