Content Producer, Corporate Events
Greater Boston Area
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
The Position: Content Producer, Corporate Events
We’re seeking someone who is passionate about creating incredible event experiences that generate moments of engagement, learning and interactions that have attendees feeling excited and proud to be a part of the Mendix Maker Community.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and delivering high quality content that meets attendees’ educational needs and business priorities. You will partner with subject matter experts across Product Marketing, R&D and Marketing to define the goals, themes, and track structure for session content. You will institute processes and timelines for curating, developing, reviewing, and managing session content across multiple track and session owners. You will orchestrate the smooth delivery of all content onsite. Finally, you will measure, track, and analyze session results to provide data-driven recommendations for improving the content at future events.
You will be responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of all content happening at Mendix corporate events including our flagship event, Mendix World, which hosted 4,000 attendees in 2019, along with 10 tracks, 100+ speakers, and 60+ sessions.
High attention to detail, knowledge and contacts in the tech industry in the United States and internationally, and an entrepreneurial and flexible mindset is a critical requirement for this position.
• Facilitate a collaborative approach to defining the content strategy for our corporate events
• Drive a rigorous content selection, development, and review process that keeps key stakeholders well informed and engaged in key decisions.
• Serve as final content editor to review and publish final session content and ensure quality control.
• Oversee speaker management, including organizing speaker training, scheduling reviews and rehearsals, managing all speaker communications, and providing onsite speaker support.
• Provide sales teams with value-based messaging and tactics to drive more attendance
• Oversee the production and delivery of all content deliverables, including session room allocation, session scheduling, and room setup requirements.
• Maintain high awareness of industry trends and connections
• Work collaboratively with the core team for the overall success of the show and facilitate enhanced onsite events for key customers/groups
• BA/BS degree
• 2-4 years of event exposure/management
• 5-7 years of experience in B2B high-tech
• Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented individual with a track record of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities, and successfully negotiating and resolving issues.
• A strong communicator who can lead and influence stakeholders across multiple levels and disciplines.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills with a maniacal attention to detail
• Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
• Willingness to travel up to 25%, and potentially more during peak event times (May 2020 in particular)
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.
Read Full Job Description