Associate Editor, Fantasy Content
DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love.
DraftKings is seeking a strong editorial candidate to help oversee the day-to-day production of content across its platforms. The Associate Editor will bring strong journalistic practices to a growing group of writers and contributors, serving as a key oversight across a range of fantasy content. He/she will play a dually creative and operational role, driving the growth of new concepts and features while managing daily workflows around creation of content on the site.
What you will do:
- Serve as an editorial lead in driving daily operations, including: (1) Assigning stories and features to individual writers (2) Working directly on written content, including line/style editing and copy (3) React to breaking news in a nimble fashion, operating a push notification system that values both speed and accuracy (4) Continue to evolve and adapt a social media presence to expand engagement
- Serve as critical first read on written content, including DK Live, a real-time news and information app, editing for language, style and flow
- Manage freelance talent to maximize breadth of coverage for a best-in-class news and fantasy content offering
- Work directly with senior editor to manage short and long-term editorial calendar, budgeting content production around both talent and optimized user engagement
- Develop new content concepts to serve various business ends, including new user acquisition, engagement, retention, social sharing and sponsorship opportunities
What you will need to bring:
- 3+ years experience on the editorial side of a major journalistic enterprise
- Extremely strong knowledge of core journalistic/reporting frameworks
- Diverse experience in content production across platform, including written, video, audio, photo
- Proven success in growing audience and engagement for a well-regarded content platform
- Expertise in leveraging of social media platforms and content creation specifically for social
- Deep comfort with the world of fantasy sports and with the sports/entertainment space overall
- Strong organizational skills critical; must be able to juggle multiple projects, ongoing pipelines
- Strong appreciation for audience growth tactics: digital marketing, SEO, SEM, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to effectively collaborate with business, marketing and technology teams
- Journalism degree preferred; substantial newsroom experience a must
At DraftKings, we promote diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.