AD Category Manager at Chewy
Chewy is hiring an Associate Director, Category Management to lead strategic components of our Dry Dog Food business. We are open to this role reporting into Boston, MA. The Associate Director of Category Management will own the business growth strategy, category P&L delivery, and continuously assess products and services to stay ahead of the competition. The Associate Director of Category Management will be a team leader and mentor in a high-pace environment so clear and effective leadership is critical.
What You'll Do:
- Work in conjunction with the Business Vertical VP to develop the goals of the Category Management team
- Ensure Merchandising is planning and delivering on all key P/L Metrics such as Sales, GM, ASP, CPU, Rebate %, and more
- Negotiate high stakes and complex funding and cost deals across the biggest manufacturers in the Pet Care Industry
- Develop and execute overall product assortment strategy to maximize sales and new customer acquisition
- Lead a complex or large vendor network of partners
- Develop strategies for increasing vendor support
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across businesses to execute the strategy effectively, both on replenishment, seasonal, and OTB categories
- Oversee high-level direction and approve tactical, administrative or operational policies to ensure achievement of objectives
- Partner with Merchandising Operations and IT to increase conversion
- Generate new Merchandising concepts to gain incremental sales
- Interject new insights and ideas for improving customer experience and improving financials while holding true to Chewy fundamentals
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 8-10 years in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing.
- Alternate profile- Willing to consider candidates with less experience who have advanced degrees and are working for top consulting firms.
- Minimum of 8 years negotiation experience
- Strong in Excel
- BA/BS (MBA preferred)
- Position may require travel
- Experience with financial analysis and modeling
- Extensive experience leading teams & cross-functional projects