Technical Project Manager
Do you want to be part of a growing dynamic product team that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry? If so, you are a Toaster.
Toast has built a powerful and easy to use Android tablet based Point of Sale and restaurant platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We have a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about how to help our customers grow their business, and how to provide a best in class user experience. We strive to bring the best designs and products to our users. The product management team works hand in hand with the engineering development team to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch.
Toast is continuing to grow its partner ecosystem, and this role will be a critical part of the growth of this team. Reporting to the Technical Program Manager on the Product Team, this position plays a central role in the partnership onboarding process, with responsibility for program and project management across multiple Toast products and services. With accountability for ensuring integrations and partnerships are released successfully, this role requires someone with a combination of strong skills in program & project management, consensus building, communication and the ability to coordinate resources from a variety of supporting teams. This position works closely with Product Management, Engineering, Finance, Customer support, Professional Services and Sales.
- Primary support and point of contact for onboarding vendors, post-integration vendor issues and support for vendors experiencing problems with API integrations
- Perform basic troubleshooting of integration issues and QA downstream process by becoming proficient in navigation of the systems
- Provide appropriate feedback to product management to suggest feature enhancements on behalf of customers and partners
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on process improvements including training and documentation
- Track and record issues as they arise, assigning them to the appropriate teams (QA, product, training, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and fulfill product requests while meeting tight deadlines
- A minimum 2 years applicable experience in a partner or customer facing role, such as Technical Support, Account Management or Project Management
- BS/BA or MS degree in Computer Science, Business, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and web technologies
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics
- Strong communication skills, including prioritizing, problem solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Proven time management and organization skills (must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines)
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Working experience with Agile/ SCRUM teams
- Experience authoring and creating content for training documents
- Experience working with POSTMAN, SOAPUI, or other web service utilities
- Experience with SaaS