Senior Data Scientist
As a Senior Data Scientist at TrueMotion, you will help lead the development of models that represent physical phenomena associated with both car movements and human movements, as measured by the sensors and radios found in modern smart phones. We are seeking a candidate who is accustomed to solving challenging real-world problems in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate has done a good bit of data visualization and built highly-scalable production data processing systems. The successful candidate will demonstrate a pragmatic, applied, scientific approach, ideally gained from broad and deep experience in statistics and machine learning.
- Serve as Product Owner, prioritizing new features and enhancements to existing features on assigned TrueMotion products
- Lead a team that works on modeling driving behaviors and vehicle kinematics to find useful patterns in the data collected via sensors in smartphones
- Use and apply digital signal processing
- Use supervised learning, unsupervised learning and active and deep learning techniques
- Think critically and creatively about problems
- Keep up-to-date with relevant research and implement ideas found in research
- Collaborate to develop scalable production implementations of algorithms
- Take a principled and scientific approach to R&D
- Deep understanding of Machine learning algorithms
- Deep understanding of statistics and probability
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Caffee, etc.
- Experience with Python machine learning infrastructure (e.g Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn)
- Understanding of Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Experience solving real world problems
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience developing classification algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, physics, computer science, or a related field required
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred
- Experience working with Spark, Hadoop or similar Big Data infrastructure
At TrueMotion we’re motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to come to work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable. If you’re a positive, organized self starter, then TrueMotion may be for you! Our patented technology precisely determines driver risk via data from a driver's smartphone. Insurance companies draw insights from this data, which is then used to help people become safer drivers and save money on car insurance.
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.