Senior Data Scientist
At TrueMotion we’re motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to be at work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable. If you’re a positive, organized, self starter, then TrueMotion might be a great fit. Our patented technology precisely determines driver risk via data from a driver's smartphone. Insurance companies draw insights from this data, which is then used to help people become safer drivers and save money on car insurance. TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar.
About the role:
The Sr. Data Scientist will develop models to represent physical phenomena, associated with car movements and human movements, that are measured with the sensors and radios in a smart phone. We are seeking a candidate who is accustomed to solving challenging problems in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate has done a good bit of data visualization and built highly-scalable production data processing systems. The successful candidate will take a pragmatic, applied, scientific approach. This candidate will have broad and deep experience in statistics and machine learning.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Serve as Product Owner for our DI team, prioritizing new features and enhancements to existing features on all TrueMotion products.
- Modeling driving behaviors and vehicle kinematics to find useful patterns in the data collected using sensors in smartphones
- Apply digital signal processing
- Use supervised learning, unsupervised learning and active and deep learning techniques.
- Think critically and creatively about problems.
- Keep up to date with relevant research and implement ideas found in research
- Collaborate to develop scalable production implementations of algorithms
- Take a principled and scientific approach to R&D
- Deep understanding of Machine learning algorithms
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Caffee, etc.
- Experience with Python machine learning infrastructure (e.g Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn)
- Understanding of Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Experience solving real world problems
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience developing classification algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, physics, computer science, or a related field required
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred
- Spark, Hadoop or similar Big Data infrastructure
- Deep understanding of statistics and probability