Senior Data Analyst-Merchandise Programming
We’re looking for…
A Senior Data Analyst for our Merchandise Programming team who will assume responsibility for site analytics related to our Merchandising boutiques (including sales, boutique metrics, brand and franchise cadence, member visitation and conversion, and personalization initiatives). The Senior Data Analyst will translate this data into specific, actionable insights and strategies that will enable us to optimize sales, profits, efficiencies, and customer engagement.
This position reports to the VP of Merchandise Programming, and requires a strong combination of exceptional analytical abilities, strategic thinking, common sense business acumen, excellent communications and leadership skills, and outstanding collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams.
What you’ll accomplish…
- Partner with merchants to optimize sales and customer engagement through the following:
- Optimal boutique assortment targets by merchandise classification, boutique type, and size
- Monitor brand and franchise cadence on our site. Implement guidelines to balance sales maximization with appropriate exposure
- Analyze visitation and conversion by boutique and recommend appropriate actions
- Identify trends, risks, and opportunities. Recommend specific strategies and actions that will enable us to optimize sales and customer engagement.
- Collaborate with our Marketing team to execute and analyze customer personalization initiatives
- Maximize our boutique efficiencies via trend analysis and target implementation, including:
- Optimal boutique count targets
- Optimal boutique length guidelines by Merchandise area and boutique type
- Create reporting to monitor and manage boutique efficiencies
This is a brand new position, so you will have a great opportunity to help shape the scope and influence of the role!
In addition, the Programming Team interacts on a daily basis with many key departments, so you will have consistent exposure to all aspects of the Rue business, and will work directly with many of our awesome teams, including Merchandising, Boutique Production, Creative, Marketing, and Planning, and will have exposure to Senior Management team as well.
THE RIGHT FIT:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ Years Related Experience in a Retail, E-Commerce, or Data Analytics environment. Exposure to Fashion and Merchandising preferred.
- Proven Analytics / Strategic Thinking: Ability to translate data and analysis into specific set of conclusions and strategies. Ability to think out of the box. Common sense business acumen.
- Excellent Communication / Leadership Skills: Confident and persuasive presentation skills. Ability to simplify message and data into understandable and impactful messages to target audience. Ability to lead and influence others.
- Outstanding Collaboration / Teamwork Skills: Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with diverse cross-functional teams, including Merchandising, Creative, Boutique Production, Planning, Marketing, Warehouse Operations. Looking for a Kind, Genial, Even-keeled personality.
- Very high Efficiency / Capability: Self starter who is highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects in a high-energy, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMMING TEAM:
The Merchandise Programming Team manages Rue La La’s calendar of boutiques to ensure that we are offering the most compelling assortment possible to our members each day. We collaborate closely with many key teams - Merchandising, Boutique Production, Creative, Marketing, Planning, and Warehouse Operations – to bring the calendar and our daily emails to life!
Rue La La combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 15+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.