Information Security Specialist
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
Toast is looking for a mid-level Security Professional to join the Information Systems team. This is not a high-level strategic position, instead this person will be actively reviewing security logs and data to identify and remediate any security threats. The information Security Specialist will have a central role in actively promoting a culture of Information Security throughout the organization.
- Monitor external information security risk landscape for changes, analyze impacts to information security strategy of changes and ensure that security practices and programs adequately address changing dynamics.
- Monitor and respond to End-Point Security threats, and work with individuals on acceptable use of company hardware and networks
- Aggregate security data into the SIEM and design views/dashboards to better understand potential security threats across the organization
- Investigate network anomalies and other cyber security events to determine the cause and extent of exposure and overall risk to the environment
- Assist with annual SOC assessment and related remediation efforts.
- Collaborate with the IT team on architecting information security solutions
- Oversee and directly participate in the administration of all information security technology platforms, ensuring that technologies are optimally configured and maintained to provide maximum protection to the organizations’ information systems.
- Help in responding to and containing information security related incidents.
- Take an active role in developing and managing programs such as information security awareness, vulnerability management, vendor risk management and risk management.
- Oversee and directly participate in the installation, configuration, and monitoring of new information security technologies.
- Engage proactively in risk management activities.
- Serve as the escalation point for technical issues related to Information Security platforms
- Promote a culture of information security across all business units.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in the field of Information Security
- Strong knowledge of IDS/IPS, firewalls, proxies and other network security technologies.
- Strong understanding of Information Security principles and practices
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Security certification such as Security+, CISSP, CISM are a plus, but not required