Head of People Operations
The Drizly Team is growing quickly and the quality and organization of our personnel will dictate our success today and in the future. In your role as the Head of People Operations, you will be a champion of Drizly’s talent, culture, and values. You will be a confident, data & metrics focused, influential, trusted business partner to our leaders by demonstrating a strong technical business acumen, ability to effectively communicate, and ability to recruit and retain the best talent in the country.
You will support in building exceptional teams and make sure all people decisions reflect a balanced approach to managing the needs of the business, our employees, and our customers. The Head of People Ops will work with business managers and leaders to define, structure and implement improvements that cut across recruiting, HR processes, organizational structure, enabling technologies and the use of data & analytics to drive business alignment, maximize organizational performance and establish a culture focused on productivity.
- Policy and Procedure:
- Provides expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Partner with business unit heads to develop customized compensation (incentive and equity) plans for individual and franchise group studios
- Proactively identify future team needs and develop long-term plan to support business objectives.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; maintains and communicates policies and procedures employee handbook.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Financial Management of HR Department:
- Prepare and manage annual budget for human resources operations
- Complete annual benefit program cost analysis and competitively bid our existing providers to ensure best cost/value
- Develop process for recruiting exceptional talent for all departments and monitor effectiveness.
- Manage on-boarding, off-boarding, new hire paperwork, benefits administration.
- Schedule and track the completion of online employee hiring and training programs.
- Maintain corporate organizational charts.
- Payroll and Benefits:
- Provide any needed support for payroll processing.
- Ensure that all deductions for benefits are properly administered and recorded.
- Coordinate enrollment and maintain group insurance for eligible employees.
- Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communication of benefits information to employees.
- Manage compensation and benefits packages for employees .
- Secure new benefit contracts when needed, store all relevant documentation, and introduce new programs to eligible employees.
- Team Building:
- Resolve issues between management and employees.
- Provide management coaching and training.
- Create, maintain, and distribute company event calendar.
- Help plan, organize, and promote company events including but not limited to community service, retreats, team building events, holiday party, etc.
- Prior Experience:
- 6+ years in progressively responsible HR business partner roles, preferably in a high-tech and creative environment.
- Experience across Human Resources and Recruiting functions.
- Demonstrated success operating as a strategic People Operations leader and partner with the operational functions of the business.
- Skill set:
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to drive decisions through strong relationships, expertise, and data.
- Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders that are extremely intelligent, motivated, driven to execute.
- Ability to pivot & shift quickly by being able to move from tactical tasks one moment to the next moment of being part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Read Full Job Description