Technical Recruiting Manager
At athenahealth, we believe that our biggest asset is our people. With that in mind, we are currently seeking a Technical Recruiting Lead to join our Talent Acquisition organization and guide us through our next hiring evolution. Our ideal candidate will bring technical recruiting expertise and innovative ideas that will allow us to hire a robust population of the very best technical talent. We are looking for a trusted advisor who is passionate about partnering with, and influencing, internal leaders and stakeholders while providing an exceptional candidate experience, regardless of outcome.
This role will be based in our Watertown, MA office and report directly to the head of Technical Recruiting. This individual will be supporting our CTO org, and be responsible for hands-on recruitment of high-level technical positions (up to senior leadership), as well as acting as a player/coach to junior team members.
- Act as trusted advisor and consultant to senior business leaders to define and develop strategic hiring plans to recruit for R&D, technical, analytics, product professionals
- Partner with and influence senior Engineered leaders to create and identify ideal candidate profiles based on athena's growing business needs
- Creatively source qualified, top-notch technical candidates for a diverse range of levels and functional areas, across multiple US geographies
- Work in partnership with Talent Acquisition leaders to define and build out recruiting programs
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and development opportunities junior team members
- Utilize current recruiting tools and best practices to cultivate robust pipelines for active and passive technical talent
- Compile and analyze data and metrics to support recommendations and business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of recruiting experience with at least 5 years recruiting for tech-specific positions; Combination of corporate and agency experience strongly preferred
- Experience scaling an engineering organization in a high-growth, fast-paced technical environment
- Ability to apply technical subject matter expertise, market intelligence, and deep industry knowledge to both strategic initiatives and individual searches
- Ability to lead strategic recruitment initiatives and hiring pushes in partnership with key business stakeholders and leaders
- A passion for staying abreast of the latest industry trends in recruiting, including new tools and cutting-edge technologies, and a willingness to share this knowledge with greater TA organization
- Mastery of all Microsoft Office applications. Solid working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience recruiting tech professionals in the Cloud/SaaS/PaaS/IaaS space a plus
- Ability to easily and efficiently pivot from complex and strategic to more hands-on and tactical tasks on a consistent basis
- Ability to think innovatively to achieve results. We are a unique company and need to employ innovative, outside-the-box strategies to hit our hiring goals.
- Naturally curious personality, and excited to learn about athenahealth and what makes us tick
* athenahealth, Inc. is a leading provider of web-based business services for medical groups. athenahealth’s service offerings are based on proprietary web-native practice management and electronic health record (EHR) software, a continuously updated payer knowledge-base, integrated back-office service operations, and automated and live patient communication services.