Senior DevOps Engineer
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. For example, our portable tablets allow waitstaff to enter orders directly to the kitchen, reducing guest wait time and allowing the restaurant to turn over tables faster. This is good for the guest experience and good for the restaurant! We’re growing fast and serve cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs in all 50 states. We move fast and thus have lots of opportunities for career growth. If you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us!
Some projects we’ve been working on recently include:
- Role-based, access-based self-service deployment for developers into multiple environments
- Scaling into sharded, large relational databases
- A system that allows restaurants to take payments even while our primary credit card processor is offline
- Automating complex transformations with Lambda and Step Functions
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Build new automation to expand and maintain our AWS hosting infrastructure
- Create developer tools in support of a rapidly growing company
- Use your familiarity with DevOps methodologies and practices to foster a culture of quality while facilitating developer velocity
If you’re someone that has:
- Experience maintaining large-scale infrastructure (150+ servers)
- Worked with Python and Bash scripting for 5+ years
- Substantial experience with configuration management (especially Ansible and Terraform)
- A solid understanding of Linux internals on several distributions (Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Substantial experience with version control software
- At least 3 years of experience with modern CI/CD tools (preference towards Jenkins)
- Prior experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker highly preferred)
- Exceptional experience with automated configuration and deployment
- Familiarity with Cloud deployment workflows and cloud IaaS providers (preferably AWS)
- An get-thing-done attitude and track record of success
We’d love to talk!
Preference will be given to candidates who also have experience with Hadoop, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Postgres (as a DBA) and administering and scaling RabbitMQ.
Perks of being a Toaster
- Great opportunity to join a fast-growing company which affords its employees mobility and advancement.
- Work on technology that’s making an impact in the industry (and challenging problems to solve as a result!)
- A team of passionate and collaborative co-workers (bring all your friends! referral bonuses).
- A culture of continuous innovation (quarterly company-wide hackathons to help bring this to life).
- An open concept office, complete with beanbag-filled collaboration spaces and the equally necessary quiet spaces.
- Clubs & groups created by our employees, for our employees.
- Diverse events to engage with coworkers in a different setting (Field Day, yoga classes, harbor cruises, beer swaps, Texas Hold ‘Em tournament etc.)
- Location, location, location! In Landmark Center, right off the Green Line and a 5 minute walk from the Yawkey commuter rail stop (commuter benefits included).
The Usual Suspects
- Competitive salaries
- Stock options
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- PTO (unlimited!)
- Flexible work hours
- Fully stocked kitchen (DIY seltzer, beer on tap, coffee/ lattes, cold brew iced coffee)