Senior Data Engineer
ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $21 billion market. Our 1.5M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners and Iconiq Capital, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for talented software engineers who know how to get data and information into the hands of people who need it. Our growth is driven by informed decisions in all corners of the company. At ezCater, we want to be data-driven in everything we do. To achieve that, we’re building a best-in-class data warehousing solution. We push ourselves every day to get more data, create a fantastic data analytics and data science experience for our users and craft real-world solutions to unlock the value of our information.
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience in a professional setting focused on data infrastructure engineering
- Solid experiences with modern cloud data warehouse platforms, such as Redshift and Snowflake
- Experience writing analytical queries in SQL
- Experience in navigating and utilizing services in AWS
- Enough experience in data modeling to read a model fluently
- A production mindset….what we build we support
- A disposition that is friendly, flexible and pragmatic
- The need to learn something new every day
What you’ll do:
- Work with the entire team to prioritize our backlog by business value and effort
- Burn through said backlog, getting data where it’s most needed
- Share in creating the team roadmap
- Improve performance & efficiency wherever you can
- Treat data quality as a 1st class deliverable, because it is
- Create consumers, data pipelines, transformations, tables, buckets, schedules, DAGs and all the other components of a good data integration solution
What you’ll get from us: Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, gym reimbursement, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.