VP of Sales, Caterer Partnerships at ezCater
VP of Sales, Caterer Partnerships
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
People love our service. Here at ezCater, our inside sales teams help people learn about us and become complete converts – dare we say, addicts – to our marketplace and suite of products. In its essence, our sale is conversational with a strong message, helping business professionals discover that they can order all their catering through us. As our VP of Sales for Caterer Partnerships, you’ll develop strategic plans to grow business and help ezCater achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales objectives - all while managing a high-performing sales team.
What you’ll do:
- Build, manage and develop a world-class sales team. You'll manage a team of Directors, working with them to deliver rapid, profitable growth.
- Coach. You'll help your Directors become even better at their craft, while also helping your Managers climb within the organization.
- Invent. We’ve been selling ezCater for 10+ years, but are always reinventing our sales efforts.
- Provide Data. Oversee the creation of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales goals, while keeping the GM (and more importantly the members of your team) apprised of the org's vision, goals, and progress. You’ll also identify opportunities for improved sales efficiencies.
- Hire and Train. You will also be heavily involved in learning and further developing the hiring process for our next generation of superstars.
- Collaborate. You'll collaborate with leadership across Marketing, Product and Customer Service to assist with lead generation and ensure these departments have ample support.
- Implement infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales organization.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity, while providing feedback to inform product roadmap and marketing priorities.
- Have 15+ years of sales experience with 10+ years building and managing high-performing sales teams
- Have grown revenue to a large scale (like $50M+ annual revenue business)
- Have led teams of 20+ Reps. You’ve grown managers who are professional, personable, and effective mentors of great closers. You’ve managed multiple directors. You’ve done it all.
- Understand Transactional and Enterprise Sales Cycles. Our sale is multi-faceted and diverse, ranging from short cycle, same day closes to long-term negotiations.
- Are numbers-driven. You get that sales is a machine. You’ve got your favorite ways to measure results and Excel is your friend - even better if you know SQL.
- Are a success. People have worked for you more than once.
- Are technically savvy. CRM and SFA tools are child’s play to you.
- Be nice. You play well with others – and command credibility, too.
What you’ll get from us:
Above all, you’ll get a tremendous opportunity to make an impact and grow yourself, all while keeping sane working hours and having flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here's what else you'll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.