Strategic Partnerships Manager (Contract) at Soofa
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
We are seeking driven independent sales reps to hunt and close major sponsorship deals that will drastically expand Soofa’s footprint in new and existing markets. This is a commission-based opportunity to work alongside Team Soofa on a tailored list of 10-20 targets.
Remote candidates welcome (U.S.-based only). Senior applicants with a strong track record of measurable results only, please.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Build a high-value, strategic pipeline of 10-20 potential partners based on existing relationships in your rolodex
- Land one major sponsorship deal in 2021—we will work with you to set quota and commission expectations
- Prepare and present advertising proposals with prospects and guide them through the buying process
- Critically evaluate performance and track opportunities for best practices
- Strong rolodex of existing client relationships
- 7+ years media sales or strategic partnerships experience
- Experience working with marketing agencies
- Expert at remote technology; you won’t let a deal fall through because Zoom is frozen ;)
- Experience using a CRM
- Self-directed and driven
- Flexible and comfortable with uncertainty
- Able to navigate objections and willing to build something new
- Able to inspire others to try new things and feel good about doing so
Bonus Points For
- OOH experience
- Track record of having closed large sponsorship deals ($100K+) at a smart cities organization
- Personal contacts at major agencies and Fortune 500 companies
- Prior success in a startup environment
- Experience working with SMBs in a sales capacity
- Experience creating visual art
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.