Solutions Engineer - Reliability at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process.
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. DO you want to be part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is seeking a talented, driven individual, who loves to know everything about everything, to join our Ordering Integrations team. As an Integrations Solutions Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for maintaining and improving the health of our order ahead platform integrations, crushing bugs, and thinking down the line to improve the product. This position requires a mix of technical and business acumen, and is excellent for those who thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments with an interest in software development, operations, and testing.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Diagnose, triage, and resolve errors related to the POS order ahead experience in Grubhub Marketplace, merchant branded experiences (mobile and web apps) and channels that leverage LevelUp’s ordering APIs
- Coordinate with internal engineers or partner developers to fix bugs in a timely fashion
- Maintain a pulse on order ahead performance; root cause bugs and general errors that might arise to prevent future complications
- Proactively identify opportunity areas for the integrated ordering experience to improve by working cross functionally with internal teams
You Should Have
- A natural curiosity, enjoy problem solving, can prioritize like nobody’s business, and are comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication chops and an attention to detail like woah.
- A strong drive with the ability to follow through on assignments.
- Experience with writing SQL queries and experience with project management tools (We use Jira).
- A love for data and making decisions based on data.
- A positive outlook even when things go sideways.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.