Software Solutions Consultant
Markforged transforms manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts tough enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the tenth fastest-growing tech company in the US in the 2018 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
Powering our 3D printing platforms is our cutting-edge Eiger software.As Markforged continues to grow its enterprise software offerings, we are expanding our Application Sales Engineering team to include a Software Solutions Consultant, tasked with providing technical sales support resources to support complex sales cycles and strategic partnerships. The Software Solutions Consultant will serve as a subject-matter expert to the rest of the Application Engineering team on all things software; support sales opportunities as the primary software technical resource; build Proof of Concept demo environments to prove integrations into other software packages for our customers and partners; and consult with customers and partners on API documentation and implementation. For those who are technically-inclined, enjoy solving a variety of complex problems for customers, and thrive in a sales setting, our Application Engineering team could be a great fit for you.
Application Engineers work in tandem with our sales team and Value-Added Resellers to sell across a wide variety of customers across verticals in the geographic region they support. A good Software Solutions Consultant anticipates and overcomes technical objections related to our software to help win, grow and accelerate sales opportunities and provide the right solution to our customers.
In this role you will:
- Serve as the lead software technical pre-sales resource for customers and partners, determining solutions for how Markforged software will fit into their environments and infrastructure
- Function as the team technical subject-matter expert on Markforged’s SaaS platform, APIs, infrastructure, security and integrations
- Lead customer-facing demonstrations & presentations, as well as support creation of technical demand generation content (blog posts, webinars, whitepapers)
- Understand how software features and functions map to Markforged printer actions, functions and production
- Develop sample code, Proofs of Concept, demo environments and other sample implementations of Markforged’s API to demonstrate the use and best practices to customers and partners
- Deliver guidance and feedback to product and software teams on the development of software features, APIs and integrations to meet customer needs
- Lead response of enterprise-level RFPs, security questionnaires, and other technical proposals
What we look for:
- BS, Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2-5 years of experience in an Enterprise SaaS company in a customer-facing role, ideally as a Sales Engineer, Solution Consultant, or similar technical pre-sales position
- Experience presenting to executive audiences and IT/security teams
- Knowledgeable in the development and consumption of SOAP / REST web services
- Understanding of common software security standards (e.g. ISO 27001 and SOC 2)
- Excellent English, written and oral communication skills
- Experience with engineering, manufacturing, and 3D printing
- Experience with Industrial PDM, CAD, and analysis software and integrations (Siemens NX / PLM, Solidworks PDM, Ansys, etc)
- Background in mechanical engineering/physics and experience in related software
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning and teaching, data-driven decisions, and making things work
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description