Senior Sales Engineer - US, Boston at Privitar
Greater Boston Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 5:08 p.m. (EST) on Monday, January 6, 2020
Privitar is a rapidly growing VC-backed company building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organisations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
Privitar is pioneering the new enterprise software category of Privacy Engineering to serve this emerging business need and address a social issue of growing importance. Our technology enables organisations to safely analyse and mine sensitive datasets while protecting the individual’s privacy.
Due to strong customer demand we are looking for sales engineers with a consistent track record of success to join our expanding Sales Engineering team in the US.
If you are excited to lead the field, are happy to learn, adapt, develop expertise and help define a new category of enterprise software and are driven by an uncompromising desire for commercial success, we’d love to hear from you.
- Provide technical sales support to deliver and over-achieve against sales revenue targets
- Demonstrate the key capabilities of Privitar and align them to customers’ objectives
- Build strong relationships at multiple levels of a customer’s organisation
- Deliver technical PoC and present results to both technical and business audiences
- Provide feedback to senior management and the product management on feature requirements, value proposition and competitive data
- Help define and respond to RFIs and RFPs
- Act as a technical leader for customers and within the SE team
- Train partners SE and Sales staff
- At least 5 years working as a sales engineering for a technology vendor
- Proven track record of leading successful pre-sales engagements
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience working with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with database schemas and SQL
- Naturally team-oriented with a can-do attitude
- Detailed knowledge of Hadoop architecture including primary operational components (HDFS, YARN, Kerberos, Ambari/Hue, Hive/Impala, Spark)
- Detailed knowledge of common Data Flow / Streaming environment and technology (e.g. Apache NiFi, Kafka, Confluent, StreamSets)
- Knowledge of emerging big data security and auditing tools (Sentry, Ranger, Knox)
- Operational experience of customer Hadoop deployments (Hortonworks, Cloudera)
- Knowledge of Linux
- Programming experience in Java, Python or similar
- Experience integrating with enterprise RDBMS infrastructure
- Experience with Amazon AWS and other cloud platforms
- Broad knowledge of Hadoop and Linux security infrastructure
- Experience integrating to LDAP-based directory services for authentication and authorisation
- Exposure to data warehouses and operational data stores
- Gathering, reviewing and validating business and data requirements
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau or Qlikview
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.
Read Full Job Description