Senior Partner Manager at 2U, Inc.
We accept applications from remote employees in the following US states: MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, VT.
Our university and industry partnerships are one of edX’s greatest strengths and we are looking for an accomplished customer success professional to join the team as a Sr. Partner Manager.
You will bring a combination of business acumen and consultative skills, account/customer success management experience, and a proven ability to achieve business results through partnerships.
- Be responsible for managing a portfolio of strategic partner relationships to deliver on edX’s mission and business goals.
- Partner with Dean/Provost level, as well as other leadership across higher education institutions and industry partners to ensure program success
- Develop, review, update and implement strategic planning; this includes marketing/sales, support services and curriculum development
- Effectively build and manage relationships with the university; act as the relationship manager for edX and leverage the relationship to assist with maintaining efficient operational processes
- Matrix manager internal partners responsible for other operational areas associated with the programs (e.g. marketing and technology)
- Develop and execute a strategic plan, by partner, to acquire and launch the best courses, credentials, degrees, and other types of content from your partners to meet edX’s mission, business goals, and learners’ needs.
- Develop and manage key relationships at all levels of your partners’ institutions and drive strategic engagement with them. Set and achieve partnership goals including, but not limited to, course, programs and other credentials, revenue, enrollment, and the overall health of the partner / edX relationship.
- Provide your partners with valued guidance and thought leadership. Ensure your partners understand the edX mission and business direction, platform, best practices, new programs and initiatives, and strive to align your partners’ and edX’s strategies.
- 5+ years experience in professional services, customer success management or consultative sales within Higher Education
- Proven success managing a portfolio of partners with multiple stakeholders where you’re responsible for growing relationships and achieving revenue and growth targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate and gain buy-in effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Elevated business writing and verbal communication skills, with proven success in leading negotiation of legal and business terms with partners
- Analytical mindset with an ability to interpret, synthesize and communicate data insights, and use this ability to make data-driven decisions
- Entrepreneurial mindset & an ability to drive progress in ambiguous or unfamiliar situations
- Domestic and/or international travel, up to 30%, as travel restrictions are lifted (less than 10% now)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of educational technologies
- Previous experience managing and growing partner relationships ($100K-$1mil+) across a diverse set of global organizations (Industry partners and Higher Ed Institutions)
- International partnership experience
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners' potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.