Senior Manager, Enterprise Sales Enablement at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us in our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Sales Enablement Manager is responsible for leading enablement, certification and development for the Mid-Market/Enterprise sales teams at Toast and working closely with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations and Marketing to ensure strategic alignment across all three functions. The successful candidate will be a highly organized sales professional who has experience defining and running similar initiatives.
About this roll*:
- Leads the creation and deployment of appropriate training, content/sales messaging, processes, practices, forms, and tools to support the sales force.
- Supports product launches by preparing and enabling the sales force to understand and sell our solutions.
- Responsible for aspects of foundational and continuous learning programs for sales, including but not limited to training content creation, scheduling and coordination, creation and deployment or delivery of on-demand courseware, and instructor-led sales training.
- Responsible for tracking and analysis of courseware and sales enablement content usage.
- Supports the buying and selling processes at all stages, from lead generation through win/loss.
- Supports frontline sales managers and sales leadership team in executing effective management disciplines and establishing a sales coaching program.
- Manages various sales enablement projects and coordinates sales enablement activities.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Extensive knowledge of sales enablement technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of sales training best practices (analysis, instructional design, delivery, implementation, and evaluation).
- Extensive knowledge of modern sales methodologies, sales process, and buyer’s journey alignment.
- Extensive knowledge of sales management best practices, including pipeline management and developmental sales coaching.
- General knowledge of effective hiring and selection practices for sales roles.
- Expert ability to manage projects from concept to completion.
- Expert ability to plan and facilitate meetings.
- Strong strategic, conceptual, and analytical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- High adaptability and flexibility, including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
- Strong negotiating skills within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
- Highly-developed training, presentation and written communication skills.
- Expert ability to consult or provide guidance on complex matters to non-specialists; ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Expert ability to collaborate and generate a spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups within a team environment.
- Superior organizational, conflict resolution, time management, and negotiation skills.
- 3-5 years of direct experience in Sales Enablement and/or Sales Training required. Past experience selling B2B solutions and/or managing B2B sales teams preferred. May accept less experience with verifiable proof of delivering business outcomes (increased velocity, increased win-rates, decreased rep ramp-up time, improving sales force performance).
*Bread puns encouraged but not required