Senior Manager, Business Development Representatives
Toast is seeking a highly motivated and talented Senior Inbound Business Development Manager that will hire, develop, coach, and train a driven team of managers and individuals early in their careers to become world-class sales professionals.
If you have proven success in managing and building a team to achieve weekly, quarterly and annual goals as well as an intellectual curiosity to “crack the code” of cold calling into restaurants, then this is the role for you!
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to grow within the Toast Sales organization!
- Hire, coach and manage a team of Business Development Representatives to master skills across business development to include:
- Manage BDR managers to success
- Work effectively with (inbound) marketing and operations teams.
- Clear understanding of Toast’s value proposition
- Lead generation
- Follow up, discovery and deep qualification of opportunities
- Demo setting
- Manage day to day activities of BDR team including live coaching and mentoring, reviewing lead volume, queues and disposition, call statistics, conversions and pipeline build
- Have a maniacal focus on outcomes and impact. Closely monitor metrics – everything from dials per day, conversion rates to opportunities, hand-off to sales and close rates – with the aim to increase BDR productivity, contribution to pipeline and bookings
- Work closely with Marketing, sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on opportunity quality and follow-up on hand off
- Provide feedback to and collaborate with the marketing team to consistently improve lead quality and targeting to increase conversions and ROI
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements around process, efficiency and productivity of the business development team
- Align with sales enablement team to build a curriculum for business development reps across onboarding, sales trainings, solutions and industry education and role acumen
Experience and Requirements:
- 3 + years of management experience with proven track record of hiring, retaining, and developing individuals and team
- Experience working in and building inside sales teams that drive lead generation versus manage inbound leads
- Proficient in CRM systems (i.e., Salesforce.com)
- Proven track record of goal achievement (as individual or manager) and building and managing KPIs for a sales organization
- Ability to forecast your business – lead conversion data through to pipeline build and win rates
- Natural leader – you have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success
- Data driven – you are driven by numbers and constantly finding ways to improve productivity, efficiency and contribution to the business
- A team player – you inspire others around you and will build a highly motivated and successful team through your management skills
- Creative thinker