Senior Director, Organizational Success at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready to make a change?
We’re looking for a Director of Organizational Success to strategize, design, and build organizational effectiveness programs that advance individuals, teams, and the company at large. These programs will encompass performance management and talent experience, succession planning to help identify our next generation of leaders, workforce planning exercises, and more. Utilizing data-driven approaches via our Analytics team, and engagement and employee sensing data from our survey pulsing (Culture Amp), the leader in this role will listen to our people deeply and help design action plans that advance the employee experience. Collaborating across People Success Partners (HRBP), Learning & Development, Employee Experience and Engagement, People Ops, functional Enablement, and business leaders will be critical to the success and impact of these programs.
Fundamentally, we’re looking for someone to help us write the book on Toast. You need to be someone who wants to lead with creativity, boldness, innovation, and humility. You thrive on impact, and lead with humility and without ego.
The role will report to the VP of People Success.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Create, design, and help implement new programs built to help every Toaster realize their full potential, from performance management through overall talent experience
- Partner with executives and leadership across the company to help define and refine operating models decision making frameworks, enhancements in Toast’s goal setting system, organizational design initiatives, etc
- Manage and enhance the People Analytics function to provide leading organizational health insights to leaders and their teams, and utilize that data to ensure happy and effective employees
- Develop and utilize relevant metrics to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and services offered through various programs such as L&D, People Success Partnership, performance management, talent experience, etc
- Be an ambassador for the Toast culture - helping to ensure a high bar for performance and a trusting, collaborative and fun environment (and have a blast doing so)
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Several years experience leading people / HR functions
- Love of organizational design, improvement, and enhancement
- Experience building, re-building, and scaling teams at high-growth companies
- Love of learning and developing individuals and teams to be high performing
- Proven experience developing programs aimed at upskilling individuals and teams
- Strong communications and change management skills
- Desire to start from a place of “yes” with the courage to say “no” when appropriate
- Ability to think creatively, build from left field, and seek unconventional approaches
- Strong desire to focus on analytical insights and answers to tough problems
- Desire to operate in a fast-paced, multinational organization
*Bread puns encouraged but not required