DUST Identity is a physical object security solution that uses nano-diamonds to securely tag physical objects so they are uniquely identifiable. Enabled by the development of new materials, cutting edge hardware, and exciting machine vision, DUST’s customers can ensure that every physical object - whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless artifact - is genuine.
DUST aims to become the industry standard for physical object identification and security.The Job
We are looking for a Senior Aerospace & Defense Sales Executive to join our team. This person will drive DUST’s adoption in the A&D sector.
The Aerospace & Defense Sales Executive role requires a hands-on, results-oriented individual who is organized, a great communicator and writer, and is able to work in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive engagement at senior levels in both government and contractor organizations. This individual shall possess an engineering fluency that enables them to easily interact with cross-functional stakeholders in technical roles. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges.
The Aerospace & Defense Sales Executive’s primary responsibility is to identify, qualify, and close new Aerospace & Defense customers for DUST Identity. Along the way, they will work as part of an interdisciplinary go-to-market team to quantify the benefits of DUST in various applications and shape external messaging to accelerate customer adoption.
Prior enterprise sales experience in B2B and B2G sectors - electronic hardware and components, cybersecurity, and digital transformation tools - is a necessity for the role. Applicants must have a good understanding of the A&D ecosystem, the acquisition process and the rollout of high technology products within critical industries.
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle from discovery through contracts
- Efficiently vet solicitations and leads, map organizations to identify decision makers, and generate a pipeline of qualified prospects
- Study the prospect’s requirements and be able to persuasively educate customers of how DUST helps them achieve their mission
- Deliver sales pitches, product demos, and other valuable data to potential prospects in a way that promotes DUST Identity’s brand, value propositions, and helps the audience solidify their need for the product
- Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to customers, tailoring content and style to the audience and sector
- Be the customers’ trusted advisor for information on the benefits, design, installation, and operation of DUST systems
- Collaborate effectively with other team members in sales and marketing, and communicate the needs of new customers to the broader DUST Identity team
- Meet or exceed sales targets for closed business
- Accurately forecast opportunities and update the CRM
- Prior start-up experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of B2G and B2B enterprise sales experience
- Established track record of meeting sales targets in any of the following sectors: electronics, hardware security, cybersecurity, or supply chain risk management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to clearly respond to solicitations
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Creativity, curiosity, and a desire to solve customer problems
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or business
- Experience selling products with both hardware and SaaS components
- Understanding of trends in supply chain management technologies
Start Date: Immediately. Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Location: Framingham, MA
Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
- Working on a product that matters
- Commercializing technology (quantum and blockchain)
- Flex work locations can be accommodated for certain roles
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical and dental insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Vision insurance
- Casual dress
- Reverse commute with plenty of parking
- 10-minute walk from the train station
At DUST Identity, we place the utmost importance on the health and safety of our team and our community. To do our part in limiting the spread, all team members that are able to work remotely during this time are doing so. We are sensitive to the individual concerns of each team member, and continue to reassess as more information and guidelines are released by the community.
While we hope that the DUST team will eventually return to in-person work, we will remain remote for the foreseeable future.
DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.