Sales Operations Manager, Orders Team
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The goal of the Sales Order team is provide excellent customer service and process orders efficiently and accurately. Order processing is fundamental to our success as a company, and the Sales Order team plays a crucial role in Markforged’s success. We are a team of problem-solvers, where all challenges are met with enthusiasm and open minds.
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent leadership skills, customer service skills, great attention to detail, and be a team player. This role is great for people with experience in Sales Ops, that understand systems, processes, and people well.
In this role you will:
- Lead the team responsible for processing orders; train, mentor, and coach the Orders team
- Manage team workflow, and drive to team KPIs
- Partner with Operations, Finance, and Sales to ensure orders are processed in timely and accurate manner
- Solve and escalate order issues as they arise with the relevant cross-functional groups, and ensure their timely resolution
- Drive continuous process improvements for order process and team efficiency, including project management of system enhancements
- Process orders during peak times to ensure order management team meets all team deadlines
- Ensure appropriate documentation exists for quoting and order processes, and train team on updated and evolving processes
- Contribute to month-end close by facilitating multiple reporting functions to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Special projects as required
What we look for:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent leadership and mentorship skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Acute attention to detail
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Team player that works collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in fast paced environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- 2+ years experience in Sales Order Processing or Sales Operations role
- College Degree preferred
- Start-up experience a plus
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description