Attivio is the leading cognitive search & insight company, a recognized leader by both Gartner and Forrester and voted one of the best Big Data and Machine Learning companies to work for in 2018. Our mission is to put search at the core of every enterprise. Fortune 500 companies rely on us to drive innovation, operational efficiencies, and improved business outcomes. Our solutions provide industry-leading machine learning, natural language processing, and text analytics capabilities to solve business problems such as improving satisfaction in customer support, reducing risk in Financial Services, and increasing employee productivity.
Our benefits include: Premium health, dental and vision insurance, unlimited paid time off, 401K match, parental leave, tuition reimbursement & more. We are currently located in Newton, Ma and are excited to be moving to Downtown Boston in May 2019.
The Sales Director role is a quota-carrying enterprise software field sales position responsible generating and closing new opportunities. The perfect candidate is an experienced professional with 5 or more years of inside or field sales experience selling successfully to Fortune 1000 companies. This is an ideal role for a motivated technical sales professional looking for that next level field opportunity. Ideally, we would like to consider candidates who have experience across the entire spectrum of the enterprise software sales cycle including sourcing new leads, closing sales and life-cycle Account Management.
The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Work as part of an enterprise sales team to drive new account opportunities for sales of Attivio software within assigned geographic territory
- Manage opportunities through the sales cycle from initial inquiry to forecasted pipeline to deal design and close using salesforce.com
- Identify and close additional or incremental opportunities with existing customers in territory
- Provide continuous updates on all active accounts within the company CRM system (salesforce.com) and report on sales activities, status and progress on a regular basis
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and reference-ability
- Travel and a significant level of activity is required to achieve quota for territory
- BS or BA or above degree required.
- Must have 5+ years of inside or field enterprise software sales experience
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, financial and organizational capabilities
- Exemplary communication skills, including written, telephone and presentation skills
- Successful candidate must have a track record of managing multiple accounts at once with a progressively growing annual quota
- Strong technical base with exposure to enterprise search, business intelligence, data warehousing, and / or data integration (ETL) markets
- Experience with direct enterprise account selling infrastructure software to a variety of industries, including Financial Services is a plus
- Experience in enterprise search, business intelligence software, data analytics software, or database/data warehousing platforms is highly desirable