Sales Development Representative
We are Best Practical Solutions, the people behind Request Tracker (RT), one of the most popular ticketing systems in the world. RT, and its companion application, Request Tracker for Incident Response (RTIR), are used by organizations large and small, across all industries including private and public companies, security teams, academic institutions, government agencies, and non-profits. We've been around since 2001 and are entirely self-funded. We are both contributors to, and beneficiaries of, the free software ecosystem; you can find all of our code on GitHub.
We've built a business around providing a full range of services to help our customers get the most out of RT. We offer commercial enterprise support, professional installation and upgrades, and custom development where we bring our expertise to address an organization's specific set of challenges. All of our engagements, whether sponsored by a customer or done for our community, provide the satisfaction of knowing we're helping people solve real problems every day.
About the Job
We make great software and want the world to know it! We're looking for a high-energy, experienced, Sales Development Representative to build relationships with new clients, and help us be excellent to our existing users.
If you're a self-starter who's sold Enterprise and SaaS Software before, you should get in touch with us. If you're excited about selling software to users who love it, you should get in touch with us. If being the rainmaker for a small company with a talented team sounds like fun, you should get in touch with us.
We're based in Boston, MA, but we all work remotely. We coordinate using RT (of course), Slack, and Google Hangouts. Benefits for employees include healthcare and dental coverage, as well as an open vacation policy.
Role & Responsibilities
- Being the first line of contact for all product sales inquiries
- Developing and implementing sales strategy and marketing plans to drive revenue growth
- Providing live product demos to potential customers
- Creating engaging sales and marketing content including social media, blog posts, videos, and website content
- Opportunity qualification, sales process management, and opportunity closure
- Ongoing account management to ensure product satisfaction
- 5+ years of experience in Software/SaaS Sales
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience
- Self-driven and good at time management
- Demonstrable track record of achieving sales targets
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience with contract negotiations for technical products
- Knowledge and background with issue tracking, CRM systems is a plus