At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
Hopper is looking for results-oriented partnerships person to join our Growth Team to take on challenging projects related to marketing and tourism promotions. The ideal person is entrepreneurial and a natural closer who can take a sales lead all the way to a closed account.
As our Business Development Manager, you will initiate and establish partnerships with tourism boards and other tourism companies to secure the maximum participation for Hopper’s Daily Deal Drops and Carrot Cash incentive programs. We find partners to participate in these programs and use their marketing budget to offer our users a promotional incentive to travel to their destinations, fly on their airlines or stay in their hotels.
You will be joining our Growth Team: a 15-person group responsible for growing Hopper’s top-line through new user acquisition, loyalty, referrals and running our Carrot Cash incentive program.
At Hopper you can have an immediate impact in a high-growth environment and be a part of a great and talented team. Prior experience in sales or business development is preferred. The strongest candidates will be able to intuitively communicate Hopper’s unique value proposition and frame our benefits to partners.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Identify opportunities with prospective partners and own the partner acquisition cycle from first contact to launch.
- Manage the full scope of partnership including: initial target prioritization, contract negotiation, coordination with internal Hopper growth product team to ensure successful promotional launch.
- Enhance existing partnerships by securing longer and larger promotional offers.
- Work closely with the growth product team to ensure successful promotion launch and do data analysis yourself to understand and communicate partner performance.
- Identify and represent Hopper in relevant trade shows and conferences.
A PERFECT CANDIDATE:
- 3+ years of sales and business development experience at a high-growth company, with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Extensive knowledge of the US travel industry and strong professional network within the industry.
- Capacity to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical capability and detail oriented.
- A passion for Hopper and travel.
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!