ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
Relish is ezCater’s newest offering that allows companies to subscribe to regular restaurant deliveries and for employees to order and customize their own individually packaged meals. With individual packaging, contactless delivery, and staggered delivery times, Relish is a naturally COVID-smart way to bring people back to the office. Because of this, we recently expanded from Boston to full national coverage and need to grow our operations team to support that growth. The Relish Operations team is responsible for building out and supporting our network of restaurants.
As a Relish Partnership Specialist, you’d be responsible for:
- Identifying appropriate restaurant partnerships from the ezCater marketplace, and calling restaurants in order to grow a strong network in each new metro
- Effectively navigating conversations surrounding commission, operational capacity, and partnership benefits
- Trying and tracking strategies for contacting and onboarding restaurants, making calls, and sending emails to potential Relish restaurant partners Collecting requirements swiftly and accurately from restaurants and communicating information to internal teams
- Thoroughly documenting your process in our CRM for record-keeping Training and retraining new restaurants on operations to ensure we have the best restaurants in the Relish network who are successful and happy
- Monitoring our existing restaurant base and managing their performance to support Relish quality guidelines
What you should bring to the table:
- Ability to create quick relationships that generate strong results
- Highly productive and clear communication skills, with ability to handle multiple emails, phone calls, and restaurant trainings each day
- Eagerness to grow an exciting new initiative and to support our restaurant partners and customers alike Experience and ability to juggle multiple goals simultaneously, and keep multiple parties informed of progress along the way
- Adaptability– we’re growing quickly and our demand fluctuates unpredictably
- An insanely helpful attitude, and the “scrappy” instinct to get things done through hard work You aim high, and want to make us better– you’ll think critically about how we can improve processes, systems, and expectations
Please include a cover letter, but throw everything that is ‘best practice’ about writing cover letters out the window, and please write as explicitly as possible what resonates with you about this job.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, a great office in the heart of Boston or Denver that you can’t use till COVID lightens up, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.