Partner Manager at 2U, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)
You will play a critical role in both managing a portfolio of partners and driving growth across their portfolio.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to leverage their strategic account management and business development skills with a leading global EdTech company working with top education and industry brands.
- Serve as primary contact for edX partners and own relationships across the institutions.
- Set and achieve goals related to the partnership, marketing strategy and course content portfolio
- Pursue new content opportunities at your partner institutions to meet edX business objectives and partner goals
- Provide ongoing consultative support to partner on marketing, content, strategy and how to meet our mutual goals/objectives for the partnerships
- Work cross functionally by collaborating with edX executives to meet business objectives and effectively coordinate with internal teams from marketing, product and support to deliver on partnership needs and goals
- 5+ years experience in professional services, account management or business development, serving diverse global organizations
- Proven success growing relationships and achieving growth targets
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally
- Ability to manage a portfolio of multiple projects from various partners simultaneously
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication
- Comfort with ambiguity and proactive, optimistic approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and get work done through others. Strong stakeholder management across a range of partners, levels, functions.
- Experience or can demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- A startup mentality
- The ability to travel, 20%-25% of the time
- Demonstrated working knowledge of educational technologies, deploying SaaS technologies, or content production preferred.
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners' potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
*We are open to hiring candidates in the following states (MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT)*