Wistia is the leading video and audio content marketing platform for B2B marketers. We have the opportunity to both simplify how marketers do their jobs, but also maximize the results that they are after. There has never been such a huge push to invest in content marketing like we are seeing today, including both video and podcast. Wistia is uniquely positioned to serve this rapidly growing market as an end to end platform that supports the creation, hosting, publishing and measuring of video and podcast content for marketers.
On our Customer Success team, reporting into our VP of Customer Success, you will play a key role in onboarding new customers to Wistia! Additionally, you will develop onboarding plans for these new Wistia customers and act as a go-to resource for all video + audio marketing strategy questions and best practices to ensure they are getting the maximum value out of our products.
- Onboard new customers to Wistia: understand customer goals and what success looks like for them.
- Develop an onboarding plan to help customers get to value and early adoption goals quickly.
- Provide insights to customers to ensure that they get the most value out of the platform.
- Act as go-to resource for all video + audio marketing strategy questions and best practices within their first 30-60 days.
- Maintain a cadence of communicating with customers about their adoption trends and sentiment.
- Build onboarding “playbooks”, best practices and processes to support our customers’ onboarding journey
- Maintain competitive knowledge.
- Collaborate with sales, support and engineers to ensure consistency, clarity, and accuracy in all recommendations provided to customers.
- Share customer onboarding insights with broader cross functional team.
Core competencies critical to the success of this role:
- Curiosity: A genuine, unrelenting interest in the business goals of whoever you speak with. Desire to push through uncertainty and ask tough questions.
- Self-starter: Internal motivation to deliver results, recognize and solve problems, refine your process, and grow your impact.
- Adaptability: Change is constant in software. Comfortable with ambiguity. Enthusiastically adjusting to new conditions is critical.
- Empathy: Customers want to be heard! When you aim to walk a mile in their shoes, good things happen.
Beyond the above, here are onboarding-specific qualifications:
- 3+ years in a customer facing role at a SaaS company (prior customer success, support, technical sales roles)
- Proven ability to create, maintain and drive adoption of onboarding “playbooks”, best practices and processes
- Ability to demonstrate customer focused, value based approach to conversations
- Enthusiasm about getting to know the in’s and out’s of the product and an almost giddy desire to show customers how to best leverage capabilities that help them get the most out of their investment with us.
- Technical aptitude
- Possess strong phone, written and verbal communication skills with excellent presentation skills
- Exhibits a team oriented attitude
- Willingness and enthusiasm to contribute to an evolving Success team’s strategy
- Interest in video, podcasting, and how marketers communicate to their audience more broadly!
- Well-organized, with a high attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Excellent multitasking and project management skills
- Dedicated to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Basic CSS and HTML knowledge is helpful.
- Time to First Value for the customer
- Customer satisfaction score
Success Looks Like
- Demonstrated understanding of the in's and out's of Wistia and Soapbox, and how to position both products across our target use cases.
- Understand how the Customer Success team operates within the broader company, the names of all your new colleagues, and where to turn for help/questions.
- Familiarity and comfort with our sales, onboarding and customer success process and various tools that enable it (Salesforce, Slack, Zoom, etc).
- Introduction to our market positioning, detailed examples of exemplary Wistia customers, and competitor talking points. Brings strong work ethic and desire to learn to role play practice sessions on these talking points.
- Proactive outreach to initial set of onboarding accounts
- Start to pick up the “Wistia voice” and apply their own creativity, with the goal of delivering a delightful experience for every customer. This includes getting comfortable on camera and embracing Soapbox.
- Worked on several onboarding engagements by this point, getting comfortable with the process and the typical personas we work with. Or, proactively identifying blockers to goal attainment in collaboration with Manager, and opportunities to address them.
- Understands the nuances and deeper technical capabilities of both Wistia and Soapbox, and speaks with confidence about the value of our primary use cases.
- Fluent in Wistia-specific discovery questions, setting clear agendas, and framing next steps.
- Asks tons of questions and shares areas of confusion, or where more support would be helpful.
- Is receptive to coaching and feedback, from both their manager and peers. Shares new ideas with the team, and voices contrary opinions.
- Forms connections with colleagues on other teams to better understand their day-to-day work and how it relates to customer success.
- General understanding of each customer's use case, the team(s) using Wistia.
- Hits or exceeds time to value and customer satisfaction goals.
- Deep knowledge of advanced Wistia and Soapbox use cases, including strong knowledge of our technical tools and what they enable.
- Strong perspective on how to deliver results with video for business, developed through partnering with customers as a trusted advisor.
- Enthusiastic learner, adopter, and sharer of onboarding strategies that are working well across the team, or surfacing elsewhere through professional development.
- Reliably collaborates with AEs on new account opportunities. Beyond communicating with efficiency, exhibits leadership qualities and regularly mentors newer members of the team.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental and vision)
- Up to 16 weeks fully-paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park