MM Account Executive - NE & Canada at SS&C Intralinks
About the Team
We are a high energy, dynamic, and collaborative team comprised of both remote & office-based sales professionals. This position, which will be based in New England, will require 40%+ travel in a multistate territory including New England and Canada. In this field sales role, you will be responsible for covering customers varying in size from start up to $1 billion companies. The Middle Marketing AE sells our portfolio of M&A deal lifecycle software solutions to the deal community alongside two in-territory Account Executives. It is an exciting, fast paced selling motion to the M&A business functions, not IT or procurement.
Day to Day
- Identify and establish relationships with key corporate dealmakers at middle market & net new logo accounts through prospecting, marketing leads and expansion of existing contacts within accounts.
- Work with other Account Executives to develop sales strategy and account plans to gain greater market share.
- Proactive research of potential deal activities and trends. Develop and manage a comprehensive territory plan addressing key corporate opportunities.
- Deliver the Intralinks value proposition in the field, phone meetings and WebEx. Employs value-based conversations to arrive at a highly differentiated solution.
- Build and maintain strong sales pipeline and forecast, through discovery calls and meetings.
- Drive the sales process and manage the contract and approval process of new deals, including negotiating on price and getting approvals including contract terms.
- Meet or exceed set Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), for example on number of calls and meetings and other sales-based activities.
- Manage all information in our Salesforce CRM system related to the account(s).
- Contributes to the development of sales strategy through input of ideas and suggestions to senior management team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years proven success in achieving quota in a SaaS environment
- Ability to successfully prospect, conduct client presentations and high-level demonstrations as well as manage an entire sales cycle with the goal to generate new business and grow existing revenue streams.
- Strong prospecting, opportunity identification, account management, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage a highly transactional book of business, with a focus on driving a large amount of sales activity into the defined territory list.
- A positive attitude and professional demeanor along with the flexibility to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment with many clients.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM and web-based technologies such as LinkedIn and Mergermarket.
It would be great if you also had
- Major in Finance or Business Administration.
- Experience with Software as a Service in the Financial Services vertical.
- Experience using Salesforce.
This is a unique opportunity to work in well-established and focus on growth opportunity accounts. Your customers vary in size; startup to $1 billion companies all fall under your remit. Successful candidate will be joining a hungry, close-knit team with big goals in mind for 2020.