Were you born to coach? Do you get more satisfaction from the success and growth of your team than your own? If so, you may be the leader SmartBear is looking for.
Our Sales Development organization is one of the fastest growing teams at the company. We are hiring a new Manager to work with the Director of Sales Development to support and scale this vital part of the business. In this role, you will lead an existing team of Sales Development Reps; providing daily coaching and mentorship while teaching them the knowledge and skills required to take the next step in their career.
- Hire, train, motivate and coach the next generation of SmartBear sales talent
- Coordinate with Sales Leadership to build varied targeted calling campaigns
- Coach your team to identify, contact and qualify prospects; building a strong pipeline of qualified opportunities with their respective Territory Managers
- Report on weekly, monthly and quarterly metrics to Director of Sales Development
- Work with each team member to develop them into highly productive sales professionals; preparing them for the next step in their careers
We are looking for…
- 2+ years of success in a software/technology role as an individual contributor or manager (selling into IT, inside sales model, understanding of and experience managing a sales cycle - cold call to closed business, specific focus on prospecting and lead sourcing)
- Prior leadership experience (preferably a team of professionals early in their sales career)
- Ability to build rapport and credibility with an impressionable team
- Strong analytical skills
- Operational understanding of Salesforce.com and Excel
- Superior Communication (verbal/written) Skills
- Past experience collaborating with other functions
- Self-starter who can multi-task and adapt in a rapidly growing company
You should apply if you are…
- High Energy
- Passionate about sales, your team and professional development
- Committed to attainment of critical metrics
- A great mentor and teacher
- An excellent listener
- Intelligent and ready/willing to learn
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and driven to success
- Naturally competitive and love a challenge
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work", Named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places To Work”, and VentureFizz calls us one of “One of The Hottest Companies in Boston”.
· Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
· Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
· Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development”.
· Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
· Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
· Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
· Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
· Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
· Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.