Manager, Pharma Partnerships & Companion Diagnostics at PathAI
This business development role will be a key member of the PathAI BD team and will hold primary responsibility for identifying, collaborating and helping design partnerships between PathAI and Pharmaceutical companies. The role will be responsible for establishing a strong network of relationships and collaborations across and within biopharma focused heavily in translational and clinical research biomarker programs, as well as precision medicine/companion diagnostics for the purposes of developing and commercializing digital pathology algorithms as companion diagnostics. This role will also help shape business to business partnerships with third party labs and diagnostic companies to support the PathAI business services and strategy.
Specifically, the Manager of Business Development & Partnerships will:
- Work closely with Senior Management, Scientific Programs and Director of Partnerships to refine and update business development goals to support the Company’s strategy
- Maintain a deep awareness and understanding of clinical biomarker and translational medicine and development programs in relevant therapeutic areas
- Proactively identify gaps in the technical approaches used at potential industry partners where PathAI could provide enabling technologies to advance drug development and accelerate approvals
- Build off a foundation with existing clients to achieve deeper client engagements, working with senior leadership to strategically advance alliances and creatively structure future deals
- Work to understand the unique challenges of implementing digital pathology devices into clinical development programs and influence these decisions in translational and precision medicine programs.
- Develop targeted material for client presentations including relevant publication findings and tailored material to support the client’s drug development pipeline
- Coordinate due diligence assessments across functional teams
- Generate and negotiate term sheets through to execution of contracts for new collaborations which have been reviewed with the cross functional executive team
- Continued alliance management for executed programs to ensure and monitor client satisfaction as well as identify further areas of collaboration opportunities
- Market and drug pipeline analysis to build sales targeting approaches and recommending opportunities to the executive team
The successful candidate will have deep clinical, diagnostic and business experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with a track record of success in driving high-value partnerships and collaborations.
Specific qualifications include:
- An advanced degree in a relevant scientific field is strongly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of the drug research and development process especially as related to pathology, clinical biomarkers, translational medicine and companion diagnostics.
- Five or more years of biopharmaceutical industry, laboratory or industry-related business development experience
- Able to build relationships with senior-level R&D and commercial executives at pharma organizations, enabling identification, development of and support for additional value-creation opportunities across their portfolio
- Track record of successfully assessing new business opportunities and establishing large scale partnerships is preferred
- Strategic thinker who possesses solid business judgement and the ability to identify and evaluate risk and opportunity at the scientific, development and regulatory levels
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics
- Strong moral compass
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary, performance bonus, plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized child care per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.