Manager, Business Development at Everbridge
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:28 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, February 13, 2020
The Business Development team is responsible for supporting the entire sales organization in driving the early stages of the sales cycle to develop qualified sales opportunities. The BDR team partners closely with the inside sales representatives, hybrid account executives and hybrid account managers as well as the Strategic/Enterprise level reps within the corporate, government, and healthcare verticals. The group works within an open environment facilitating collaboration and team work, and is a launching pad into their career in sales.
This is a great opportunity to manage and grow the future sales talent for advancement within Everbridge. We believe in promoting from within and investing in our employees. If you enjoy people, are dedicated to making money and want to work in a fast-paced, business casual environment, this opportunity is for you.
Everbridge is seeking a Manager, Business Development to lead, coach, train and mentor the lead generation teams to achieve key business goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Key responsibilities for this position include building and scaling sales development teams, recruiting and hiring new sales personnel, and developing the process, policies and programs required to maximize lead generation volume to impact revenue in a rapidly growing sales environment.
What you'll do:
- Provide daily leadership and motivation to the sales development team.
- Implement a repeatable “top of the funnel” sales process and work in a team environment with marketing, sales and business development.
- Serve as the business partner in key sales opportunities and aide all Everbridge sales reps in proving the value of Everbridge solutions that lead to revenue generating opportunities.
- Lead and participate in regular account and territory planning meetings with sales reps in order to achieve vertical, territory, and regional revenue goals.
- Provide coaching, lead development programs and training that continually improves the sales teams’ ability to solution sell via the telephone and web.
- Consistently meet or exceed quota and non-quota based performance objectives.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly, and monthly prospect pipeline.
- Continually monitor the activities of direct reports and provide guidance and direction as needed to achieve (and exceed) daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly sales quotas.
- Coordinate sales distribution by supporting the established sales territories, quotas, and goals.
What you'll bring:
- At least 2 years of managing a sales team in company with a SaaS-based product
- Minimum 3 years of experience qualifying opportunities & selling SaaS products within a land/expand model that involves multiple buyers within multiple verticals and industries - specifically in sales development (e.g. prospecting software sales opportunities, closing software sales business).
- Able to demonstrate track record of success.
- Highly motivated and professional with excellent communication skills, highly confident and goal oriented.
- Comfortable communicating with senior level management.
- BS/BA degree or relevant experience
- Experience using Salesforce is highly desirable
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Read Full Job Description