Manager, Business Development
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in over 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
As Manager of Business Development you will lead a team responsible for driving higher sales productivity, accelerating new user acquisition and customer conversion rates, and ensuring an amazing first touch customer experience. Additionally, this role has a primary objective of attracting, onboarding and developing the next generation of Markforged talent.
- Lead a team of Business Development Representatives
- Deliver great results against defined productivity, acquisition, conversion, and customer experience outcomes
- Motivate team and team members to achieve learning and performance objectives• Help build team and organizational culture of success, enthusiasm, purpose and fun
- Work cross functionally with marketing to create processes and campaigns around driving new qualified conversations and appointments for Sales team
- Collect, analyze, and report data around team, team member, and operational execution
- Generate new, fresh ideas and challenge your team and leadership to expand thinking and innovation
- Deliver on the spot coaching and structured training on sales skills, business acumen, product knowledge, competition, and market dynamics
- Attract and recruit talented people who share our values and are motivated to help drive success
- Accurately assess the capabilities, motivators, and aspirations of each team member and partner with them to fully develop their potential and future careers
- 2-5 years’ related experience managing in an Inside Sales environment preferred.
- Ability to understand and analyze customer requirements.
- Ability to coach and manage a diverse team of skill sets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.Specifically, excellent phone and computer skills
- Excellent networking skills, both internal and external
- .The ability to function in a team atmosphere, appreciate aggressive goals, and have excellent organizational/time management skills is also desired.
- A positive, can-do attitude is a key quality to succeed on the MarkForged sales team.
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Read Full Job Description