At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
Hopper Hotels is looking for a result oriented and entrepreneurial individual to join our Hotel Supply Business Development team in the US.
As Business Development Manager you would initiate and establish partnerships with hotel suppliers in the US and certain international destinations to secure the best hotel deals for Hopper users.
At Hopper you can have an immediate impact in a high-growth environment and you will be joining Hopper’s fastest growing business unit. Prior experience in hotel distribution is preferred. The strongest candidates will be able to intuitively communicate Hopper’s unique value proposition and frame our benefits to hotel suppliers.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Identify opportunities with prospective hotel supply partners and own the partner acquisition cycle from first contact to launch
- Manage the full scope of partnership including: initial supplier analysis and prioritization, contract negotiation, coordination with internal Hopper product team to ensure successful supplier launch
- Enhance existing partnerships by implementing override incentive programs and securing private offers
- Work closely with the product team to ensure successful supplier launch, and with the data science team to analyze and communicate partner performance
- Lead market research efforts by understanding and documenting market dynamics, competitive landscape and localized product requirements
- Identify and represent Hopper in relevant trade shows and conferences
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- 4+ years of sales and business development experience at a high-growth travel technology company, with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Prior experience in hotel distribution is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the US travel industry and strong professional network within the industry
- Capacity to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical capability and detail oriented
- Bachelor's Degree required
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!