Field Architect is the most senior and influential technical role in Field Operations with broad accountability for multiple client engagements and overall product success.
Data is the Battleground where winning businesses transform into data-driven enterprises. Our flagship product Anzo differentiates in the highly competitive and hyper-growth data platform market. Anzo allows our customers to integrate and discover data through an enterprise data fabric. Anzo’s secret sauce is a nexus of semantic technology, graph databases and cloud computing that delivers at speed and scale never before possible. We need you to help us make it happen even faster!
We are seeking Field Architects to lead application of Anzo to specific customer challenges. Field Architect is the most senior and influential technical role in Field Operations with broad accountability across multiple client engagements and overall product success.
We're looking for experienced leaders with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who seek to drive change and advance the state of the art in the modern data management and data engineering space. Field Architects will have 5-10 years of experience in client-facing software delivery and ready to take their careers to the next level through increased accountability and leadership. Senior and Principal-level designations will be considered for qualified candidates.
Field Architecture is a broad discipline that encompasses elements of data science, data engineering, software architecture, consulting and business analytics. Leaders with technical backgrounds who can immerse themselves in new technologies, lead cross-functional, high-performing teams, enjoy working with customers and are motivated to find excellent solutions to tough problems excel in our environment.
- Configure and customize Anzo to rapidly deliver value in diverse and exciting industries such as Manufacturing, Pharma, Financial Services and Defense
- Design, architect and lead Anzo solutions and implementations in domains such as Drug Discovery and Research, IoT, Marketing/Sales, and Data Management
- Become an expert in all aspects of Anzo software
- Lead a team of Field Engineers in Anzo implementations to ensure customer solutions meet requirements and are delivered on time and within budget
- Review and approve the design and architecture of Anzo implementations in the Field
- Work with Product Engineering to align road map to customer requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for communications with customers on technical aspects of project implementation
- Communicate with customers and project leads on status and progress of user stories on projects to ensure smooth and timely completion of project tasks
- Become proficient with graph and semantic technologies - the emerging data standards for AI, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Develop hands on expertise with a broad spectrum modern data management and analytics technologies in our customer environments
- Apply data science algorithms to deliver impactful insights to customers
- Some travel required
Education & Experience
Strong candidates will have many but not necessarily all of the following:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Experience with solution architecture, design and implementation in the data management and analytics space
- Leadership of small teams of client-facing technical teams
- Strong technical communication skills to build customer trust and confidence
- Consulting, Professional services or customer interface experience
- Strong communication, presentations, and writing skills
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and apply technical solutions
- Software implementation in both Linux and Windows OS
- Full-cycle software implementation in customer environments
- Implementation of data management or analytics projects involving enterprise software products
- Administration and deployment of Hadoop and cloud platforms (AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Operation and maintenance of full-stack applications and databases
- Semantic Web Technologies (OWL, RDF, SPARQL)
- Graph Data Modeling or Graph Databases
- Data Science and Analytic tools such as R Studio and SAS
We cherish our fast-paced, startup environment that rewards pro-activeness and idea-sharing, and values flexibility and balance between work and home life. Our headquarters is located in a vibrant WeWork space in beautiful downtown Boston next to the Boston Common and is surrounded by endless lunch options and several different subway entrances.
If you are a motivated, passionate individual who is interested in making a tangible impact on our team and being part of our ascent to the next level, Cambridge Semantics is the place for you! We value the strength that diversity brings to the workplace, and encourage you to apply if you feel as though you are a great fit!
In our Field Ops organization, we’re looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate about making an impact by delivering our product (https://www.cambridgesemantics.com/product/) to customers around the world. Here’s what you can expect:
- Impact technology and business in the hyper-growth area of modern data management
- Engage directly with customers to solve the world’s most important data problems
- Learn the latest graph and cloud technologies powering AI
- Develop your career on a fast-paced, customer-focused team that is committed to winning
- Enjoy a flexible, fun, work environment and some travel based on your appetite