Director, Strategy and Business Development - Transport at Indigo
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The role of Director, Strategy and Business Development - Transport, will work on defining core strategies for Indigo Transport including how we develop commercial offerings and driving the execution of Transport Business Plans.
- Develop and prioritize commercial offerings required to achieve Transport business plan
- Prioritize offerings, including a view on value impact and implementation effort required
- Lead the assessment of initiatives to determine feasibility, requirements for success and impact on Transport platform objectives (e.g., engagement and trust)
- Lead the project management execution of the Transport business plan (supported by Transport staff)
- Learn business, priorities and assume project management leadership
- Lead the operationalization of key commercial initiatives
- Drive answer to key choices / tradeoffs around how to operationalize
- Develop recommendations that can be actioned by Transport leadership
- Lead the execution, supported by key members of the Transport team and drive cross functional support as needed
- Support key components of M&A/JVs, technologies or meaningful investment work.
- Drive answer of valuation and ROI analysis of key questions (informed through third party research and internal experts)
- Lead the international expansion strategy including entry strategy for Argentina, Brazil and Australia
- Understands and embodies our purpose & core values
- Understands our purpose and core values and what makes Indigo different from other companies.
- Demonstrates personal and/or professional passion for our core values.
- Widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making difficult decisions.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and strong financial modeling skills/experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong story building and PowerPoint skills
- Able to draft meeting ready versions of presentations to support strategic initiatives
- Self-starter and ability to work with little guidance
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to requirements to complete projects
- Strong interest in Indigo’s mission and helping company to execute to achieve goals
- Strong desire to learn and develop skill sets
- Willing to travel and work long hours
- Able to manage ambiguity and work on multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Takes ownership in work
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Five plus years of work experience
- Banking, private equity, consulting and/or strategy/business development experience
- Agriculture experience not necessary
- Experience managing others, able to do so in a respectful and productive manner that helps develop others
- Ability to work cross functionally in a positive and team-oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor