Director of Sales Operations
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
Do you constantly have incredibly thoughtful, data-driven, and impactful recommendations for how to grow your sales organization? Are you always looking for ways to create and improve processes to help your sales reps sell? Do you have experience leading a team of rockstar specialists in doing the same?
We’re looking for a Director of Sales Operations to lead our multi-branched and ever-growing sales organization. Our sales floor has grown to 80+ sales reps in a matter of months, and with the help of the tools and processes you bring to the table, we’ll continue along that path. We smashed our 2018 goals, are on a killer track for the rest of 2019, and are looking to continue our growth through 2020.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team to continuously work to optimize the sales process, recognize trends in data, refine operational models, and drive sales team efficiency and impact
- Be a thought leader in sales training, rules of engagement, and compensation
- Be the conduit for inter-departmental coordination and communication in the setting of a rapid growth tech start-up that moves fast and breaks things
- Own the sales tech stack, constantly evaluating new sales technology vendors and manage our CRM
- Coach, mentor, develop an insanely dedicated sales operations team
- Develop sales compensation modeling and tracking processes
- Experience in a tech start-up at the point of rapid scale
- An understanding of the sales dynamics in a dual-sided online marketplace
- The natural ability to translate a mass of numbers into actionable deliverables, and present them to both leaders and individual contributors
- Deep expertise in sales automation and CRM system administration
- Experience evaluating, customizing, and implement sales learning and development programs in a setting with a wide range of skill set
- A desire to work in a fast paced, transparent, collaborative setting
What you’ll get from us:
Most importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in Boston’s financial district, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.