Director of Sales Enablement, BDR at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us in our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
As Director, Sales Enablement for our SA (BDR) Organization you will be responsible for managing the design, development and deployment of sales training, product education, and role specific skills and enablement programs that drive top performance within the Toast sales organization.
The SA organization at Toast is critical to our ability to scale. As Director of this team you will be responsible for building a bench of future sellers who know the sales process, buyer personas, competition and overall business, inside and out, to eventually become the top performing reps.
In this role, alongside senior leadership in the SA org, you will use data to drive metric driven enablement programs including implementation and delivery of new tools and systems, content creation, product training and certification and management training.
About this roll*:
- Managing a high performing sales enablement team to deliver at or above goals
- Development and ongoing ownership and oversight of a world-class sales on-boarding program to train and enable ramping SA’s & managers, including ongoing self-paced training classes (Toast Foundations) minimizing ramp time and maximizing sales productivity
- Continuous education, development & certification of the SA team(s) & managers on product, competition, restaurant operations and role specific sales skills through existing and net new continued education programs including but not limited to on boarding, Toast Foundations, Toast Trivia, Thrive, Top Gun etc.
- Delivery, training and certification on new and existing tools & systems including Salesforce (*alongside Growth team and rev ops enablement resources)
- Ownership and oversight of management training and continued education programs for SA managers within the SA organization (Top Gun).
- Cross-functional partnership with key functions including sales leadership, marketing, growth, operations and product teams to ensure the best and most-appropriate content to position us to win at every stage of the sales cycle
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 7+ years in leadership and management, leading BDR (SA) functions and/or like levels of experience in a sales enablement role within a high growth organization
- Strong understanding of BDR orgs and sales process design and related outcomes
- Experience in sales training and enablement, creativity and critical thinking a must.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and/or delivering sales tools and enablement plans and high impact certification programs
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-starter; well-equipped to manage cross-functional teams. Leadership skills and experience with entry level salespersons.
- Experience implementing successful sales process/methodology/sales playbook initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with product, marketing, growth, operations and finance teams to produce quantifiable impact
- Strong strategic organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills required