Director of Sales Development at Wistia (Cambridge, MA)
Wistia is the leading video and audio marketing platform for B2B marketers. We have the opportunity to both simplify how marketers do their jobs, but also maximize the results that they are after. There has never been such a huge push to invest in content marketing like we are seeing today, including both video and podcast. Wistia is uniquely positioned to serve this rapidly growing market as an end to end platform that supports the creation, hosting, publishing and measuring of video and podcast content for marketers.
The Director of Sales Development will be responsible for evolving and executing on the Sales Development strategy at Wistia. They will work closely with the rest of the Sales Leadership team, as well as marketing, revenue operations and finance to grow the sales pipeline in our most strategic segments. They will quickly grow the sales development effort by recruiting, training and mentoring a diverse and motivated team of sellers. This team is critical to the expansion of Wistia’s strategic customer segments and offers the opportunity to impact revenue growth within an already successful company.
- Develop and implement the sales development playbook to optimize pipeline generation within our top strategic customer segments, namely Small and Medium sized businesses. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Collaborate with sales leadership to build a steady flow of conversations into our AE organization.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Operations and other Go To Market leaders to identify and prioritize SDR lead pools and target accounts.
- Optimize head count and specialization within the SDR org to inspire conversations with target companies both inside our database as well as completely new to Wistia.
- Build and mentor a strong management team focused on coaching and supporting our SDRs.
- Develop quota strategies that align with the growth goals of the company and ensure that salers at Wistia are motivated to pursue the right business and are highly engaged in their work.
- Develop, Measure and report on key performance indicators that will lead us to reliably forecasting our sales numbers and make the necessary adjustments to address any shortcomings or opportunity that are discovered along the way.
- Collaborate with sales enablement and the sales leadership team to build a strong feeder organization for the sales effort at Wistia This will include, but is not limited to:
- Recruit a diverse team of junior sellers that are self starters with empathy and curiosity.
- Create a team culture that is inclusive and celebrates bringing ones whole self to work. We are a human and authentic community that celebrates each other’s differences!
- Create a rapid promotion path the enables tangible growth for high performers and those that support our customers in ways that we can be proud of.
- Create a measurable and repeatable professional development plan designed to ramp new SDRs quickly, prepares them for consistent quota attainment and ultimately gets them ready for promotion to the AE org.
- Provide leadership as a key stakeholder on the Sales Leadership and Go To Market leadership team at Wistia This will include, but is not limited to:
- Collaborate with GTM leaders to identify the most effective and efficient way to acquire customers across different customer segments.
- Develop annualized hiring plans for the SDR org, projecting pipeline generation for the AE org.
- Participate in rolling strategic planning at the company level.
- Track record of exceeding quota as a sales manager or sales director.
- Demonstrated ability to drive pipeline growth while not compromising on the core values and diversity of the team they build.
- Experience coaching and mentoring more junior sales people towards habits and tactics that will drive consistent results.
- Strong communication skills, including documentation, async collaboration and in person presentation skills.
- Strong coaching/mentorship skills and a commitment to professional growth of both ICs and Managers on their team.
- Passion for building diverse and inclusive teams
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but we’re all working remotely (all 100+ of us) right now. Permanently remote applicants will be considered, but we’ll give priority to local applicants, those willing to relocate, and those within 3 hours of EST.