Director of Field Sales
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 500 school systems serving seven million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $32 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Field Sales to lead our growing team. At Panorama, your role is paramount to our success; you’ll be leading our team in exploring uncharted territory, building relationships with school and district leaders across the country, and expanding Panorama’s revenue exponentially.
You’ll be an inspiring leader, giving our team constant opportunities to hone their skills, reach their goals, and advance their careers. You’ll lead the vision and strategy for continuous sales process improvement and quota attainment; sharing insights from data, optimizing our sales funnel, and making our product come to life through customized demos.
Because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team that represents their experiences. We are actively looking for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups, for example: people of color, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families. In addition, we are looking for the leader of this organization to care deeply about issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion, especially pertaining to hiring and coaching.
This job is for you if you are:
- An experienced team leader; 3-5 years of proven expertise in building high performing, goal attaining teams
- Experienced in selling complex SaaS products or consulting for high growth SaaS organizations
- Experience with Challenger, solution or consultative sales approaches is preferred
- Excited to build personalized coaching and management strategies for a team of 3-8 to help them meet individual and team goals
- Experienced in helping companies and sales teams grow; you've seen processes and structures scale and evolve
- Motivated by challenges that are sometimes ambiguous and new; comfortable overcoming objections and building champions across complex and sometimes bureaucratic organizations
- A consistent and reliable professional in everything you do
- A team player with a competitive edge
- Passionate about improving education
- Proficient or experienced in using Salesforce, Yesware, and HubSpot
- Comfortable with 20-40% travel